Installation of JDriver for Weblogic 5.1 on solaris

Jetty

Jun 22, 2001, 8:49:53 AM6/22/01

I installed jdriver for weblogic 5.1 on solaris. I am getting the following error
when i run utils.dbping from the console.

Error encountered:

java.sql.SQLException: System.loadLibrary threw java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
with the message 'no weblogicoci36 in java.library.path'.
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:42)
at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:82)
at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:116)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:106)
at utils.dbping.main(dbping.java:156)

I had made sure that the location of "libweblogicoci36.so" is mentioned in LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and CLASSPATH.
Kindly help me out.

Thanks,
Ramesh Jetty.

Jignesh Patel

Jun 28, 2001, 10:46:26 AM6/28/01

Ramesh,

Assuming you are using Sun Solaris.
Your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set properly. It must contain
$WEBLOGIC_HOME/lib/solaris/oci_8???:$ORACLE_HOME/lib

Thanks
JignesH Patel

Jignesh

Jul 1, 2001, 12:16:07 AM7/1/01

Ramesh,

Add $ORACLE_HOME/lib in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

Thanks
Jignesh Patel