change the setting for wls6.1 administration server

Jen

Aug 20, 2001, 9:54:52 PM8/20/01

I just installed wls6.1 and can start the default server
successfully. But I want to change the port and the server name
for the administration server. After I made the change, I can't
start it anymore. Here is the output:

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>C:\bea\jdk131\bin\java -hotspot -ms64m -mx64m -classpath .;.\
lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\weblogic.jar -Dweblogic.Domain=appdomain -Dweblogic.Na
me=adminserver -Dweblogic.system.listenPort=7010 -Dbea.home=c:\bea -Dweblogic.ma
nagement.password= -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=true -Djava.security.polic
y==C:\bea\wlserver6.1/lib/weblogic.policy weblogic.Server
<Aug 20, 2001 5:38:40 PM PDT> <Info> <Security> <Getting boot password from user

Enter password to boot WebLogic server:
Starting WebLogic Server ....
<Aug 20, 2001 5:38:44 PM PDT> <Notice> <Management> <Loading configuration file
\config\appdomain\config.xml ...>
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: -
ith nested exception:
[javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: appdomain:Name=adminserve,Type=Serv
er (admin server:true)]
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: appdomain:Name=adminserve,Type=Serve
r (admin server:true)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanHomeImpl.getMBean(MBeanHomeImpl.jav
a:119)
at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:242)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:354)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:197)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: - with nested excepti
on:
[javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: appdomain:Name=adminserve,Type=Serv
er (admin server:true)]
at weblogic.management.Admin.initialize(Admin.java:319)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:354)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:197)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
Reason: Fatal initialization exception

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>goto finish

How can I change the default setting?

Thanks

Ian M. Goldstein

Aug 21, 2001, 11:52:36 AM8/21/01
When you changed the port and server name for the admin server, did you also
make the appropriate changes to your startWebLogic script
(-Dweblogic.Name=yourServerName)?
-- Ian

"Jen" <follow...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I just installed wls6.1 and can start the default server
> successfully. But I want to change the port and the server name
> for the administration server. After I made the change, I can't
> start it anymore. Here is the output:

C:\bea\wlserver6.1>C:\bea\jdk131\bin\java -hotspot -ms64m -mx64m -classpath
.;.\

lib\weblogic_sp.jar;.\lib\weblogic.jar -Dweblogic.Domain=appdomain -Dweblogi
c.Na

e=adminserver -Dweblogic.system.listenPort=7010 -Dbea.home=c:\bea -Dweblogi
c.ma

agement.password= -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=true -Djava.security.po

Jen

Aug 21, 2001, 1:44:07 PM8/21/01

That's where I made the change, and the only place I made
the change. You can see it in the ouput: I changed
name from myserver to adminserver, port from 7001 to 7010.
What else place do I need to make the change?

Thanks

"Ian M. Goldstein" <ia...@bea.com> wrote:
>When you changed the port and server name for the admin server, did you
>also
>make the appropriate changes to your startWebLogic script
>(-Dweblogic.Name=yourServerName)?
> -- Ian
>
>"Jen" <follow...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi,
>> I just installed wls6.1 and can start the default server
>> successfully. But I want to change the port and the server name
>> for the administration server. After I made the change, I can't
>> start it anymore. Here is the output:
>>

>C:\bea\wlserver6.1>C:\bea\jdk131\bin\java -hotspot -ms64m -mx64m -classpath

>..;.\

Ian M. Goldstein

Aug 21, 2001, 12:43:45 PM8/21/01
You have to change the server information in the config.xml configuration
file for your domain.

Please check out these doc links:

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61///config_xml/overview.html
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61/adminguide/config.html

-- Ian

"Jen" <follow...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jen

Aug 21, 2001, 2:55:27 PM8/21/01

In Console, I can change the port, but the server name is not
editable under Configuration/General.

Ian M. Goldstein

Aug 21, 2001, 1:55:46 PM8/21/01
No, it's not. (But you can edit the config.xml file manually if you really
must.)

Please be sure to observe the warnings at
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61///config_xml/overview.html#1127759 about
editing this file manually.