sp5 installation problem driving me crazy !!!! - URGENT

viva

Sep 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/15/00
Am getting a InvocationTargeException after copying the files as mentioned
in readme.htm ........
basically copied 3 files

weblogic510sp5boot.jar
weblogic510sp5.jar
WebLogic_RDBMS.jar

into the directories(as mentioned in readme.htm)

i set the path to these in the startweblogic.cmd file and then ran this
file.......

the error InvocationTargetException just pops up !!!

am Runing WLS on NT 4.0 running SP5.

Someone plz give some pointers to solve this problem !!!

Regards and thanx in advance

Raghu

Sep 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/15/00
Where did you copy the WebLogic_RDBMS.jar to?

"viva" <vivek...@honeywell.com> wrote in message

viva

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
Copied
D:\weblogic is my weblogic installation directory and the three sp5 files
have been copied into the following directories...

D:\weblogic\lib\persistence\WebLogic_RDBMS.jar
D:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp5.jar
D:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp5boot.jar

Any issues here ?
These are the directories specified by the Readme.htm that accompanies the
sp5 upgrade package....

Regards

Raghu <klr...@ibos.com> wrote in message

Jesus M. Salvo Jr.

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
There should be no other files in lib/persistence, specially the RDBMS
jar file.

viva

Sep 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/18/00
nope there's no other file in lib/persistence directory except for the
WebLogic_RDBMS.jar file.

Jesus M. Salvo Jr. <jms...@ihug.com.au> wrote in message

matthew denner

Sep 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/27/00
matthew denner wrote:

> viva wrote:
> >
> > Someone plz give some pointers to solve this problem !!!
>
> i too would appreciate help on this one as this is one of the many problems
> i've hit with WebLogic 5.1 and i'm considering trying another product.

actually i've just found the solution! edit the JAVACLASSPATH (under linux
i use the startWeblogic.sh) and add the weblogic510sp5boot.jar to the start
of it. there are two in the file, mines on line 154 as i'm using JDK1.3.

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID AND EDIT PRE_CLASSPATH BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK!

Sessami is a trademark of Escape Velocity Technology Mobile Services Limited.
All information contained in this e-mail is confidential and for the use of
the addressee only. If you receive this message in error please notify.

matthew denner

Sep 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/27/00
viva wrote:

> Am getting a InvocationTargeException after copying the files as mentioned
> in readme.htm ........

are you getting the InvocationTargetException at the bottom of this post? so
am i under linux. i'm using the evaluation version of WebLogic5.1 (could this
be the problem?) and have just done the install of the service pack 5 and i'm
getting exactly this problem.

it has to do with weblogic510sp5.jar file. if i remove it from the
WEBLOGICCLASSPATH i don't get this problem (but probably don't get any of
the benefits of the service pack).

> Someone plz give some pointers to solve this problem !!!

i too would appreciate help on this one as this is one of the many problems
i've hit with WebLogic 5.1 and i'm considering trying another product.

Cheers,
Matt

p.s. here's the exception i get when i start up:

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:141)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:112)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.<init>(GenericClassLoader.java:104)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:53)
at
weblogic.utils.classloaders.RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader$SingleSlave.<init>(RecursiveReloadOnModifyClassLoader.java:149)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.setClassLoader(ServletContextImpl.java:1408)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.<init>(ServletContextImpl.java:518)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java:492)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:388)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1305)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:827)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)
[...]

viva

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
Solved it !!!!
The problem turned out to be a silly msitake i had made with respect to the
change in the startWebLogic.cmd !!! Using JDK 1.3 ......
The correct change to be made is as follows

Change the JAVA_CLASSPATH setting just before the
"goto runWebLogicJava" line in the file so that it resembles the following
set
JAVA_CLASSPATH=.\lib\weblogic510sp5boot.jar;.\classes\boot;.\eval\cloudscape
\lib\cloudscape.jar

Change the WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH setting just after the ":runWebLogicJava" line
in the startWebLogic.cmd file so that it looks like the following
set
WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH=.\lib\weblogic510sp5.jar;.\classes\applets.jar;.\license;
.\classes;.\lib\weblogicaux.jar;.\myserver\serverclasses;

That's it......
Solves the problem

matthew denner <ma...@evtechnology.com> wrote in message

> matthew denner wrote:
> >
> > viva wrote:
> > >

> > > Someone plz give some pointers to solve this problem !!!
> >
> > i too would appreciate help on this one as this is one of the many
problems
> > i've hit with WebLogic 5.1 and i'm considering trying another product.
>

> actually i've just found the solution! edit the JAVACLASSPATH (under
linux
> i use the startWeblogic.sh) and add the weblogic510sp5boot.jar to the
start
> of it. there are two in the file, mines on line 154 as i'm using JDK1.3.
>
> DO NOT DO WHAT I DID AND EDIT PRE_CLASSPATH BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK!

---