WAR files

Alan Duffin

Apr 11, 2002, 6:26:59 AM4/11/02

I am trying to deploy a war file on wl5.1 on NT4.

I have extracted the contends of a war file to
d:/weblogic/myserver/fsm

In weblogic.properties I have added:

weblogic.httpd.webApp.fsm=d:/weblogic/myserver/fsm

When I start the wl server I get the following errors
during war deployment:

[ServletEntityResolver] : Could not resolve entity '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
Web Application 2.2//EN'. Check your dtd reference.

Thu Apr 11 10:09:09 BST 2002:<W> <HttpClient> Couldn't open connection
java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out: connect

Thu Apr 11 10:09:09 BST 2002:<E> <HTTP> Error reading Web application 'd:/weblogic/myserver/fsm'
java.net.ConnectException: Tried all: '1' addresses, but could not connect over
HTTP to server: 'java.sun.com', port: '80'
at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:171)

Thu Apr 11 10:09:09 BST 2002:<E> <HTTP> Error creating servlet context for Web
application 'd:/weblogic/myserver/fsm'
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java:626)

MArt

Apr 11, 2002, 8:22:29 PM4/11/02

I don't know if this will help, but I once had that problem on another application
server. The problem seems to be that your server doesn't have access to the internet.
So it cannot resolve -//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN .
If it is the case and you cannot give access to the net to this server, you can
always download the DTD to your machine and change your XML file to get the DTD
from your machine. I'm not sure of the syntax, but it should look something like
this :
<!DOCTYPE web-app SYSTEM "http://localhost/xxx/xxx.dtd">

I hope this will help!

MArt