Going live tomorrow...how do I configure xml registries!

Matt Krevs

Oct 16, 2001, 3:39:37 PM10/16/01
Hi all

I just found out that the live server I am deploying to is behind a firewall
and has no connection to the internet. This is causing deployment problems
as weblogic is unable to retrieve the various DTDs (eg for application.xml,
web.xml) from the internet. I am getting the following exception when
deploying

<HTTP> <[wireless-web] Error reading Web application
"D:\bea\wlserver6.1\.\config\mydomain\applications\.wlnotdelete\wlap38294\wi
reless-web.war"
java.net.UnknownHostException: www.bea.com
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:571)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:540)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:533)
at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:191)

I'm told that because of security reasons I cannot configure the live server
to be able to connect over http (sounds fair to me I guess).

I have attempted to setup an xml registry within the weblogic console but
cannot seem to get weblogic to read it when it attempts to deploy my
application. I created a xml\registries\wirelessXMLRegistry directory within
my domain and copied all of the required DTDs into this directory.

Below are relevent portions of my config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Domain Name="mydomain">
<PasswordPolicy Name="wl_default_password_policy"/>
<JDBCDataSource JNDIName="datasource-wireless"
Name="datasource-wireless" PoolName="wireless" Targets="myserver"/>
<Realm FileRealm="wl_default_file_realm" Name="wl_default_realm"/>
<ApplicationManager Name="mydomain"/>
<JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="weblogic.jdbc.mssqlserver4.Driver"
Name="wireless"
Properties="user=wireless;password=fred"
Targets="myserver" URL="jdbc:weblogic:mssqlserver4:ukbvhsws388"/>
<XMLEntityCache Name="XMLCacheMBean"/>
<Security GuestDisabled="false" Name="mydomain"
PasswordPolicy="wl_default_password_policy"
Realm="wl_default_realm"/>
<Log FileName="config/mydomain/logs/wl-domain.log" Name="mydomain"/>
<Server ListenPort="80" Name="myserver" NativeIOEnabled="true"
TransactionLogFilePrefix="config/mydomain/logs/"
XMLEntityCache="XMLCacheMBean" XMLRegistry="wirelessXMLRegistry">
<ExecuteQueue Name="default" ThreadCount="15"/>
<Log FileName="config/mydomain/logs/weblogic.log" Name="myserver"/>
<ServerStart Name="myserver"/>
<ServerDebug Name="myserver"/>
<SSL Enabled="false" ListenPort="7002" Name="myserver"
ServerCertificateChainFileName="config/mydomain/ca.pem"
ServerCertificateFileName="config/mydomain/democert.pem"
ServerKeyFileName="config/mydomain/demokey.pem"/>
<KernelDebug Name="myserver"/>
<WebServer LogFileName="./config/mydomain/logs/access.log"
LoggingEnabled="true" Name="myserver"/>
</Server>
<SNMPAgent Name="mydomain"/>
<JTA Name="mydomain"/>
<FileRealm Name="wl_default_file_realm"/>
<Application Deployed="true" Name="certificate"
Path=".\config\mydomain\applications">
<WebAppComponent Name="certificate" Targets="myserver"
URI="certificate.war"/>
</Application>
<XMLRegistry

DocumentBuilderFactory="weblogic.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryIm
pl"
Name="wirelessXMLRegistry"
SAXParserFactory="weblogic.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

TransformerFactory="weblogic.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl"
WhenToCache="cache-on-reference">
<XMLEntitySpecRegistryEntry EntityURI="weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd"
Name="weblogicejbSpec"
SystemId="http://www.bea.com/servers/wls510/dtd/weblogic-ejb-jar.dtd"/>
<XMLEntitySpecRegistryEntry EntityURI="web-app_2_2.dtd"
Name="webappSpec"
SystemId="http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd"/>
<XMLEntitySpecRegistryEntry EntityURI="weblogic-web-jar.dtd"
Name="weblogicwebSpec"
SystemId="http://www.bea.com/servers/wls600/dtd/weblogic-web-jar.dtd"/>
<XMLEntitySpecRegistryEntry
EntityURI="weblogic-rdbms-persistence.dtd"
Name="weblogicrdbmsSpec"
SystemId="http://www.bea.com/servers/wls510/dtd/weblogic-rdbms-persistence.d
td"/>
<XMLEntitySpecRegistryEntry EntityURI="application_1_2.dtd"
Name="applicationSpec"
SystemId="http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/application_1_2.dtd"/>
<XMLEntitySpecRegistryEntry EntityURI="ejb-jar_1_1.dtd"
Name="ejbjarSpec"
SystemId="http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd"/>
<XMLEntitySpecRegistryEntry EntityURI="ejb-inprise.dtd"
Name="ejbinpriseSpec"
SystemId="http://www.borland.com/devsupport/appserver/dtds/ejb-inprise.dtd"/

</XMLRegistry>
</Domain>

Any help greatly appreciated (and could save my job)

Matt