java.net.SocketException: socket write error (code=10053)

Remington Li

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
I am constantly getting the following messages. It happens all the time,
whether I am using servlet, JSP, or just serving a static HTML file. On
static HTML files, it only happens when the file is 513 bytes or bigger. It
has become a big performance hit. Does anyone know of any solutions? By the
way, I am using Weblogic 5.1 and Windows NT. It also happens on Solaris from
time to time.

Sun Jul 30 11:44:52 PDT 2000:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed
with Exception
java.net.SocketException: socket write error (code=10053)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunks(ChunkUtils.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.flush(ServletOutputStreamI
mpl.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.writeStream(ServletOutputS
treamImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.sendFile(FileServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
at
, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

Avi Kivity

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00
It also appears to kill HttpClusterServlet. This bug is becoming a major
nuisance. When is a fix expected, please?

--
- Avi
--

"Remington Li" <remin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Zito Ferrao

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00

Resolution of the 10053 error :
--------------------------------

I changed the properties file as follows ..

Installed the weblogic510.exe into a new weblogic5.1 dir .

Copy the service pack5 jar files (weblogic510sp5boot.jar and weblogic510sp5.jar) to the lib dir in the weblogic5.1 dir .

added ".\lib\weblogic510sp5boot.jar" to the front of the JAVA_CLASSPATH startWeblogic.cmd and to the CLASSPATH in the setenv.cmd.
added ".\lib\weblogic510sp5.jar" to the front of the WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH

set JAVA_HOME= name of JDK installation eg :
set JAVA_HOME=c:\apps\jdk12~1.2

copied the old licence file to the new dir

edit the policy file the foll lines should point to the new dir.
grant codeBase "file:/c:weblogic5.1/classes/-" {
permission java.io.FilePermission "c:${/}ewblogic5.1${/}classes${/}-", "read,write,delete,execute";

In the properties file , I kept the
weblogic.httpd.servlet.classpath=<old version of> /myserver/servletclasses

That's all.
Good luck with your install.