weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException!

Rajah

Aug 10, 2001, 1:47:52 AM8/10/01

Here is the error which I received from the application error log. This is new
to me. Any ideas??

Date :Thu Aug 09 16:36:11 PDT 2001
Class Name :srvDIYAlignFormulas.doPost()
Message Code :2039
Error message :Error due to Unknown Exception.

weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException: cannot parse POST parameters of request
/servlet/srvDIYAlignFormulas - with nested exception:
[java.net.ProtocolException: EOF after reading only 15180 of 75831 promised bytes,
out of which at least 3254 were already buffered]
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.mergePostParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:553)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.parseQueryParams(ServletRequestImpl.java:377)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(ServletRequestImpl.java:575)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(ServletRequestImpl.java:561)
at com.ebreviate.auctions.admin.diy.servlets.srvDIYAlignFormulas.saveValuesToDatabase(srvDIYAlignFormulas.java:1948)
at com.ebreviate.auctions.admin.diy.servlets.srvDIYAlignFormulas.doPost(srvDIYAlignFormulas.java:1825)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:772)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:120)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:922)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:886)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:269)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:380)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:268)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:129)

Gene Chuang

Sep 13, 2001, 2:49:35 PM9/13/01
Hi Rajah,

I've posted this same bug a while back as well, and only found the solution today; this answer may
pertain to your problem as well.

Turns out Apache-WL plugin creates a /tmp/_wl_proxy directory as a buffer flush for POSTs,
especially any post over 64k. Our dev environment consists of multiple developers with multiple
instances on Solaris, so whoever logs in and triggers the plugin first will generate this directory
with their permission, and subsequently all other developer's instance will not be allowed to write
to this directory. Note this can also happen on staging or prod environment if different users are
used to start the same server. Our solution is to change the permission of this directory to
write-for-all, and the problem disappears; unfortunately Apache Plugin may recreate this directory
after bouncing, so admin has to remain vigilent.

Perhaps BEA should allow us to change the location of this temp directory.

Gene

Michael Hasslinger

Feb 28, 2002, 5:34:21 PM2/28/02

Interesting...

I went searching for the /tmp/_wl_proxy and could not find one. I even ran Apache
and netscape browser as root, I got so desparate.

I've grep'd the .so file, and yes, their is a symbol matching _wl_proxy, I just
cannot find the directory to change the permissions.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Michael