5.1 java.net.SocketException: socket write error (code=10053)

Jonathan Hendry

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
I'm getting this exception with 5.1sp3 on NTsp5.

I see there was some discussion in April, but I didn't see
any sign of resolution.

Is there a fix? I'm eventually getting pages that appear
correct,
but I'm concerned that the repeated exceptions will degrade
performance if we upgrade to 5.1.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Brian J. Levine

Jul 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/7/00
Are you accessing JSPs when this problem occurs? I am also seeing this
problem sporadically and I think I may have tracked it down to happening
only when viewing JSPs. Still testing...

-brian

"Jonathan Hendry" <jhe...@shrike.depaul.edu> wrote in message

Dominic Tulley

Jul 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/11/00
I had this problem in April and haven't heard about a resolution. I haven't
come across it recently but that's beacuse we've changed the way we do
things. I don't think it's restricted to JSPs because I was only using
servlets - perhaps it's when the message is larger than 4K?

-Dominic

Nachiappan A

Jul 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/17/00
hi,
we are also facing the same problem.
actually we are getting "connection reset by peer-socket exception" when
servelet is forwarding control to jsp page and more over we are getting this
error only in netscape & not in IE..
Have any one faced the same problem & solved it.....?
thanks
-Nachi

Dominic Tulley <dom...@qss.co.uk> wrote in message

Remington Li

Jul 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/30/00
It happens not only on servlets and JSPs, it also happens on static html
files. I did a test using Weblogic 5.1 and Windows NT serving static HTML
file. When the file size is 512 bytes or less, there is no error message.
When the file size is 513 bytes or bigger, the following messages come up.
This is definately a performance hit. Have you guys found any soluctions?

java.net.SocketException: socket write error (code=10053)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunks(ChunkUtils.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.flush(ServletOutputStreamI
mpl.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.writeStream(ServletOutputS
treamImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.sendFile(FileServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
at
, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImp
l.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContext
Manager.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

Nachiappan A <nachi...@wisorindia.soft.net> wrote in message