java.net.SocketException

1 view

Mario

May 22, 2002, 12:32:51 PM5/22/02
while testing a servlet under WLS6.1, the following stack trace is written
to the WLS console:

<22.05.2002 18:26:06 CEST> <Error> <HTTP> <Connection failure
java.net.SocketException: ReadFile failed: Der angegebene Netzwerkname ist
nicht mehr verfügbar
(error 64, fd 324)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.initiateIO(Native Method)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.read(NTSocketMuxer.java:407)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.MuxableSocketHTTP.requeue
(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:216)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.send
(ServletResponseImpl.java:977)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute
(ServletRequestImpl.java:1964)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

The german message states, that a required network name is no longer
available. The exception occurs while responding to a user request. Any idea
what my servlet may do wrong?

Thanx in advance
Mario

Tom Hegadorn

May 28, 2002, 4:22:24 PM5/28/02

Hi Mario,

Regarding your post related to the java.net.SocketException errors,
I have seen prior reports of a similar symptom on the newsgroups.
These appear to be related to a failed socket call because the
socket was closed prematurely by the client. These messages seem
to be informational in nature and even though the text indicates
an error I don't believe there is any negative effect on your
application.

Please ensure that you have the latest service pack installed.
For WLS 6.1 the current service pack level is SP2 with SP3 due
out in late June. If this does not resolve the issue and you
require further assistance, I would recommend opening a case
with BEA Support. Please provide the log file showing the error
and a test case to replicate the behavior, if possible. A
support engineer will be able to devote the time necessary to
investigate this issue further for you. Thank you for your
patience.

Regards,

Tom Hegadorn
Senior Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support

Claas Ruschmeyer

May 29, 2002, 7:40:57 AM5/29/02

we had the same problem with WL6.1sp2 (Cluster) and Win2000. Our
Servlet inits a session by
if (session.isNew()) {
response.sendRedirect(response.encodeRedirectUrl(<url>));
}
described in "Assembling and Configuring Web Applications" Page 4-11
"Coding Guidelines for URL Rewriting". If the request comes from a
browser (Netscape and IE are tested) there is no error thrown.
However, we want to use a server with an http-client"-emulation" to
get some informations from the servlet over http he needs. This client
has no cookie-support and the following error is logged:

...<Error> <HTTP> <scgnap01> <scgnap01> <ExecuteThread: '14' for
queue: 'default'> <> <> <101083> <Connection failure>

java.net.SocketException: ReadFile failed: Der angegebene Netzwerkname

ist nicht mehr verfügbar.
(error 64, fd 3076)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.initiateIO(Native Method)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.read(NTSocketMuxer.java:410)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.MuxableSocketHTTP.requeue(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:217)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.send(ServletResponseImpl.java:992)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2209)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

Claas

Ravi Mathur

Jun 11, 2002, 11:51:20 AM6/11/02
Hello Tom,

The negative effect of this in a clustered environment is that an automatic failover happens. We do not want this. Also, since we do not replicate sessions, the user is logged out. Is there a way to avoid this exception?

Thanks,
-Ravi Mathur