Can't access class in web-inf/lib when in static initalizer of servlet

Per Otto Christensen

Mar 15, 2002, 4:11:05 AM3/15/02

But when the server has started listening on the port, and request are comming,
it works (the classes are found).

This problem started when going from WLS 6.1.0.0 to 6.1.2.0

thanks
-perotto

Bobby Nations

Mar 19, 2002, 10:30:51 AM3/19/02
Perotto,

I'm not sure if this is the same thing or not, but I'm having
difficulties going from WLS 6.1.0 to WLS 6.1.2 on a solaris box.

When I deploy in exploded format, everything works correctly, but when I
jar up the same exploded web app and deploy as a .war file, the server
doesn't seem to find the classes in my WEB-INF/lib/*.jar files. Here's
the error produced.

<Mar 19, 2002 9:01:54 AM CST> <Error> <HTTP> <[WebAppServletContext(3539641,grems,/grems)] Error loading servlet: 'CodeChanges'
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/webmacro/servlet/WMServlet
[snip]

This happens for every single one of my servlets since they all extend
the webmacro class, WMServlet, which is contained in the
WEB-INF/lib/webmacro.jar file. The funny thing is that it works properly
when running on my development server, which uses WLS 6.1.0, but it bombs
when I move to my staging server (one step below production) running WLS
6.1.2. I've checked permissions and ownership on the war file itself,
and the staging server is more open than the development. I know that
WLS is able to read the war file, otherwise it wouldn't know about the
servlets since they're defined in WEB-INF/web.xml.

I'm thouroughly confused on this one.

Bobby

In article <3c91baa9$1...@newsgroups.bea.com>, "Per Otto Christensen"

Rajesh Mirchandani