weblogic not responding

bhavin patel

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
There seems to be an issue with a particular servlet I have that calls
an ejb.

The servlet receives an form variable parameter. The servlet then sends
this form variable to one of our ejbs. The ejb uses a HttpURLConnection
to connect to another URL. I have not set up a URL Connection factory
in the weblogic.properties file for this HttpURLConnection. It seems
that whenever that url is down or takes a while to respond weblogic
hangs or does not respond to any other request after a few attempts at
hitting that same servlet.

The error I get in the weblogic properties file is below and I dumped
the stack trace and am attaching it to this email. Any ideas on what I
can do to avoid this behavior of hanging or does it seem like something
else is the cause?

Thanks

Here is the error in the weblogic properties file:
Mon Oct 16 15:43:29 PDT 2000:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed
with Ex
ception
java.net.SocketException: socket write error (code=10053)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java,
Compiled C
ode)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunks(ChunkUtils.java, Com
piled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.flush(ServletOutput
StreamImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.writeStream(Servlet
OutputStreamImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.writeStream(Servlet
OutputStreamImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.sendFile(FileServlet.java,
Compiled Code
)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java,
Compiled Code)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java,
Compiled Cod
e)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Servlet
ContextManager.java, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.jav
a, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java, Com
piled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java,
Compiled Code)

log.txt