Problems trying to upload a file with WLS6.0 sp1...

Johnny

Apr 12, 2001, 6:16:52 PM4/12/01

I am trying to upload a file using a servlet with WLS6.0. When the post is trying
to process I get a Null Pointer exceptions that do not make sense to me. The
first is :
<Error> <NT Performance Pack> <failure in processSockets() - GetData: 'weblogic.socket.GetData@33b6a6
- fd: '1096', numBytes: '723''
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.socket.TunnelContext.getServlet(TunnelContext.java:24)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.MuxableSocketHTTP.dispatch(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:465)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:638)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

The second is presented a little differently :

<Apr 12, 2001 5:00:32 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <Connection failure java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.socket.TunnelContext.getServlet(TunnelContext.java:24)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.MuxableSocketHTTP.dispatch(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:465)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:638)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Most of the time I will receive this error but occasionally if I let the server
just sit for some time it will process the post. Can anyone help me out? I have
the latest service pack for NT.

Ken Zrobok

Apr 18, 2001, 5:40:31 PM4/18/01

Johnny,

Are you trying to send a POST to /upload_app.jsp and write (upload) the file yourself?
Are you using the admin console or trying to do it programatically? I am trying
to do it programatically and I am getting the same errors.

Ken

Hong Lin

Jun 14, 2001, 10:57:20 PM6/14/01
Hi, I got the same error when uploading a big size file. Has the problem been resolved yet?thanks,Hong