Broken pipe

1 view

Giorgio

Jul 14, 2003, 5:20:04 AM7/14/03

Hello to everyone....
I have an Enterprise application running under WLS 6.1 SP5.
The client browser is Explorer 5.5.
At certain times on the log files appairs this exception:

java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:91)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunkTransfer(ChunkUtils.java:224)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunks(ChunkUtils.java:200)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.flush(ChunkOutput.java:272)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.checkForFlush(ChunkOutput.java:331)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutput.print(ChunkOutput.java:235)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkOutputWrapper.print(ChunkOutputWrapper.java:136)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspWriterImpl.print(JspWriterImpl.java:266)
at jsp_servlet.__ASP_HTML_asp_RU_20b._jspService(__ASP_HTML_asp_RU_20b.java:316)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:262)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:198)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:284)
at tim.msp.client.TipiComuni.RequestDispatcherMSP.<init>(RequestDispatcherMSP.java:45)
at tim.msp.client.TipiComuni.ServletMSP.ElaboraChiamata(ServletMSP.java:127)
at tim.msp.client.TipiComuni.ServletMSP.doPost(ServletMSP.java:102)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:262)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:198)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2678)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2412)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:140)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:121)

What does it means?Why it goes in exception?
Thanks for help.
Bye,Giorgio.

Nagesh Susarla

Jul 14, 2003, 2:16:30 PM7/14/03
Thsi seems harmless and the most probable reason for this exception is
either an explicit Stop or refresh from the client (IE). You can easily
ignore this exception.
--
Nagesh

Abhishek Srivastava

Jul 15, 2003, 3:48:46 AM7/15/03

Hello Giorgio

I also get this error many times. In my appliction there are some operations which
take a lot of time and my http request times out before my app server completes
the task.

when the app server finshes the task, it finds out that the browser which made
the request is no longer alive. (time out)

ergo, it throws this exception.

regards,
Abhishek.