Cannot parse POST parameters of request

Ilga

May 21, 2002, 8:51:42 AM5/21/02
I trying to find solution for problem I ran into today. I'm getting
exception when page with a lot of request parameters should be
displayed. It happens just on Solaris, but is still working fine on
Win2000. I'm using Weblogic6.1.
Can anybody help?

<May 21, 2002 7:09:45 PM CST> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(5106697,dps,
/dps)] Servlet failed with Exception
java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.PostInputStream.read(PostInputStream.java:1
70)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInputStreamImpl$1.read(ServletInputS
treamImpl.java:60)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInputStreamImpl.read(ServletInputStr
eamImpl.java:97)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.mergePostParams(ServletR
equestImpl.java:1095)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.parseQueryParams(Servlet
RequestImpl.java:963)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(ServletRequ
estImpl.java:1168)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.initSessionInfo(ServletR
equestImpl.java:2060)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletReques
tImpl.java:1895)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess
(ServletSecurityManager.java:107)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:2467)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2204)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException: Cannot parse POST parameters of
request:
'/dps/NewCall_Screen' - with nested exception:
[java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out]
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.mergePostParams(ServletR
equestImpl.java:1121)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.parseQueryParams(Servlet
RequestImpl.java:963)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getParameter(ServletRequ
estImpl.java:1168)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.initSessionInfo(ServletR
equestImpl.java:2060)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletReques
tImpl.java:1895)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess
(ServletSecurityManager.java:107)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:2467)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2204)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

Tom Hegadorn

May 28, 2002, 1:58:49 PM5/28/02

Regarding your question about the InterruptedIOException, the
fact that this problem occurs on Solaris and not on Windows
would seem to indicate a tuning issue on Solaris. The stack
trace that you provided indicates that a native socket read
operation timed out. You may want to check the tunables for
your TCP/IP device driver on Solaris using the /usr/sbin/ndd
utility. You can get a list of applicable tcp parameters by
issuing the following command.

> /usr/sbin/ndd /dev/tcp \?

See the manual page entry for ndd for more information. Your
Unix system administrator should be able to help you. If you
still have problems you should open a case with BEA Support
and provide a test case which replicates the behavior. A
support engineer will be able to devote the time necessary
to help you get to the root cause of the problem. I hope this
is helpful. Thanks.

Regards,

Tom Hegadorn
Senior Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support

Jim Durnford

May 30, 2002, 8:07:44 PM5/30/02
this seems related to a;problem we are having
it takes 10-20 times longer to upload a file to a Solaris server from a
windows 2000 client browser (Netscape or IE5.5)

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you though

"Tom Hegadorn" <Re...@ToNewsgroup.Only> wrote in message

david quintard

Aug 23, 2004, 4:25:23 AM8/23/04
i have the same problem!