Multipart Form Exception in WLS 6.0 SP2

1 view

Alan Magrath

Jul 4, 2001, 8:58:28 AM7/4/01
Operating System: Windows 2000 SP1
Weblogic Server: 6.0 SP2

When submitting the following multipart form (required for uploading file
attachments) to a servlet:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<CENTER>
<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" name="main" method="POST"
action="/myContext/guest/download/test">

<INPUT TYPE=FILE NAME=fileInput>
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT>

</FORM>
</CENTER>
</BODY>
</HTML>

The following error is logged:

<failure in processSockets() - GetData: 'weblogic.socket.GetData@535f5f -
fd: '1512', numBytes: '429''>
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.socket.TunnelContext.getServlet(TunnelContext.java:24)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.MuxableSocketHTTP.dispatch(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:
465)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:638)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)
####<04-Jul-01 13:46:18 BST> <Error> <HTTP> <dtp-alan> <myserver>
<ExecuteThread: '13' for queue: 'default'> <> <> <101083> <Connection
failure>
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.socket.TunnelContext.getServlet(TunnelContext.java:24)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.MuxableSocketHTTP.dispatch(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:
465)
at weblogic.socket.NTSocketMuxer.processSockets(NTSocketMuxer.java:638)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

--------------------------------------
Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks

Alan

Priya

Jul 18, 2001, 7:28:07 PM7/18/01

I am getting the same error. could you fix yours?

Thanks,
Priya

Alex Robbins

Aug 3, 2001, 8:48:17 AM8/3/01
I'm getting the same error as you, when trying to post a multipar/form-data
form to a JSP that uses a form handler bean. (I tried posting it straight to
a servlet, but was getting another error: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
One of the getParameter family of methods called after reading from the
ServletInputStream(), can't mix these two!)
Did you guys find an answer to this one?

Regards,
Alex.

"Priya" <priya_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Matt

Aug 21, 2001, 4:35:28 PM8/21/01

I am seeing this problem with WL Personalization Server running on WLS 6.0 SP2.
Anyone have a solution?

Wiley

Oct 16, 2001, 12:51:27 AM10/16/01
I'm getting the same when i post to a servlet. Has anyone found a solution to this?
I do get a different error when the request goes through the struts action handler servlet.
I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's going on here.