ClasscastException in 5.1 for webapp

Howard Greenblatt

Jan 12, 2002, 2:26:42 PM1/12/02
Don't ask but I am taking a webapp that runs fine in 6.1 and trying to
deploy it in 5.1. I had to fixup the Dtd from the 5.1 documentation but now
I get
<HTTP> Error creating servlet context for Web application
'd:/weblogic/myserver/testX'
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.xml.tree.TextNode
at
weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalElementsByTagName(DOMUtils.java:204)
at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalElementByTagName(DOMUtils.java:170)
at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMUtils.getOptionalValueByTagName(DOMUtils.java:97)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.dd.UIDescriptor.<init>(UIDescriptor.java:40)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.dd.WebAppDescriptor.<init>(WebAppDescriptor.java:7
2)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.dd.DescriptorLoader.<init>(DescriptorLoader.java:2
15)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.loadWARContext(HttpServer.java:648)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java:625)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:442)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:1302)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:825)
at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

I have even deleted everthing but <web-app> but still the same exception. Do
I need a later version of 5.1. The one I have might be from a year ago.

I see the new version with a sp11.jar. Can I just drop this in the weblogic
path.. I may try that.

Thanks

--
Howard Greenblatt
hgree...@att.net

Dimitri Rakitine

Jan 14, 2002, 12:09:05 AM1/14/02
If I remember correctly, this happens when you have jaxp.jar or something
like that in the classpath, or on jre/lib/ext when running 5.1.

--
Dimitri

Howard Greenblatt

Jan 15, 2002, 7:58:00 PM1/15/02
Thanks,
You remember right. Actually got on the Weblogic classpath. This might also
include parser.jar.

--
Howard Greenblatt
hgree...@att.net