servlet init

Jon Knutson

Jan 9, 2002, 8:15:06 PM1/9/02
"When weblogic is started up my understanding is that the init method of any registered servlet will also execute. But I am finding that the doPost and doGet methods of my servlet are also executing and causing an exception because they are. Why is more than the init method being executed. I've included a portion of the log here which shows the jsp initialization and then the error.
Wed Jan 09 14:51:19 PST 2002:<I> <ServletContext-General> *.jsp: initialization
complete
Wed Jan 09 14:51:22 PST 2002:<I> <ServletContext-General> Generated java file: /
opt/wave7/weblogic/jspcache/achinq/jsp_servlet/_achinq/_error/__index.java
Wed Jan 09 14:51:27 PST 2002:<I> <ServletContext-General> Generated java file: /
opt/wave7/weblogic/jspcache/achinq/jsp_servlet/_achinq/_error/__content.java
Wed Jan 09 14:51:31 PST 2002:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed with Ex
ception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot forward a response that is already commi
tted
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispat
cherImpl.java:97)
at AchInit.passItOn(AchInit.java:441)
at AchInit.doPost(AchInit.java:138)
at AchInit.doGet(AchInit.java:32)
%

Deepak Vohra

Jan 10, 2002, 1:29:46 PM1/10/02
Jon

forward should be called before the response has been committed to the client.

Deepak