Newbie Requests Help

Buck Turgidson

May 26, 2001, 9:37:17 AM5/26/01
I am trying to get a servlet running on WL 6. I am getting an error. I have
changed my web.xml file, as per the instructions in the getting started guide. My
servlet, however, does not reside in a package.

I have the servlet hosted at a free website, if that would help by looking at it.
I would appreciate a look by someone to get my pointed in the right direction!!!!

http://www.mycgiserver.com/~jcman/mortjava.htm

web.xml
-------
[root@lacalena WEB-INF]# cat web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 1.2//EN
" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>

<servlet>
<servlet-name>
MortServ
</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>
</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>
MortServ
</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>
MortServ
</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

</web-app>

Log error
---------
####<May 26, 2001 8:46:04 AM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <lacalena> <lacalena> <ExecuteT
hread: '11' for queue: 'default'> <> <> <101018> <[WebAppServletContext(1450514,
DefaultWebApp_lacalena)] Servlet failed with ServletException>
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet class: '' could not be loaded - the requ
ested class wasn't found in the classpath: '/home/bea/wlserver6.0/config/mydoma
in/applications/DefaultWebApp_lacalena:/home/bea/wlserver6.0/./config/mydomain/a
pplications/DefaultWebApp_lacalena/WEB-INF/classes'
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
mpl.java:532)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:306)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:208)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1265)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1622)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Browser error
Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling
the request