Problem with session.isNew()

1 view

Alex Amies

Mar 21, 2001, 2:09:31 PM3/21/01
I am having a problem with session validation in servlets and jsp's.
A user logs on to the application, establishes a session, then
bookmarks
a page that is protected by the logon. The user then closes the
browser,
reopens it, and goes to the bookmarked page. I get a
java.lang.IllegalStateException with the message 'HttpSession is
invalid'
when trying to access the session. I would have expected to see that
the session
is new using HttpSession.isNew() but I do not. I am using Weblogic 5.1,
SP8.
Is this a bug in Weblogic or what? I cannot find an API in the
HttpSession or
HttpServletRequest to check for it.

Here is the stack trace:

Wed Mar 21 11:05:15 PST 2001:<E> <WebAppServletContext-enrole> Servlet
failed with Exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: HttpSession is invalid
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.IllegalStateException.<init>(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.session.SessionData.getAttribute(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.session.SessionData.getValue(Compiled
Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.checkAuthenticate(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.checkA(Compiled Code)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.checkAccess(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.forward(Compiled Code)
at jsp_servlet._main._jspService(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(Compiled Code)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)