Servlet I/O Exceptions

Jason Jonas

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
We're using HTTP to communicate between our applets and servlets.
Occasionally, we get the exceptions included below. Again, it's not
consistent, but the exceptions occur regardless of the SP... it's just
not consistent.

I'm not too sure what's happening here and am just starting my
investigation. As far as we can tell, everything is working from a
client's perspective - no loss of data... I'm closing all streams on
both the client and server, but cannot pin-point the issue. Are there
headers that state content length...? I'm kind of hoping it's a known
bug of some sort or an identifiable bug in my code - God forbid. ;)

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.

Jason

Thu Jul 06 15:13:34 CDT 2000:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet
failed with Exception
java.net.SocketException: socket write error (code=10053)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ChunkUtils.writeChunks(ChunkUtils.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.flush(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.writeStream(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.sendFile(FileServlet.java:199)
at weblogic.servlet.FileServlet.service(FileServlet.java:56)
at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:865)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:105)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:742)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:686)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:247)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java,
Compiled Code)

Thu Jul 06 15:13:34 CDT 2000:<E> <HTTP> Servlet request terminated
with IOException:
java.net.ProtocolException: Didn't meet stated Content-Length, wrote:
'266240' bytes instead of stated: '275970' bytes.
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletOutputStreamImpl.finish(ServletOutputStreamImpl.java:372)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:249)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java,
Compiled Code)

Kumar Allamraju

Jul 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/6/00
You are right. This is a known issue.
FYI , Issue # 10213
The fix will be included in the upcoming service packs.

--
Kumar Allamraju
bea WebLogic

Jason Jonas