TagAttributeInfo: method <init> not found

meh

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
I'm having a wierd problem in a WL5.1 / JSP / Servlet (NT) environment.
Using the same jars, TLD file, weblogic version, etc., as the developers
on my team I get the exception below from the server whenever I try to
load the main JSP in a browser. Other developers with identical
environments are having no such problem. I've tried removing and
reinstalling WebLogic and the SDKs, and rebuilding everything
(including the EJBs) from scratch. I've tried vanilla 5.1 as well as SP3
and SP4. Help!

Fri Jul 21 14:24:27 EDT 2000:<E> <ServletContext-General> Servlet failed
with Exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagAttributeInfo:
method <init>(Ljava/lang/String;ZZLjava/lang/String;)V not found
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.MyAttInfo.<init>(StandardTagLib.java:34)
at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTag(StandardTagLib.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.processTagElements(StandardTagLib.ja
va, Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.StandardTagLib.<init>(StandardTagLib.java:125)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.loadTagLib(JspLexer.java:87)
at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE_BODY(JspLexer.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTAGLIB_DIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java, Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mDIRECTIVE(JspLexer.java,
Compiled Code)
at
weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mSTANDARD_THING(JspLexer.java:1669)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.mTOKEN(JspLexer.java:1510)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.nextToken(JspLexer.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspLexer.parse(JspLexer.java, Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.doit(JspParser.java, Compiled
Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspParser.parse(JspParser.java:116)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Jsp2Java.outputs(Jsp2Java.java:97)
at
weblogic.utils.compiler.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.compilePage(JspStub.java,
Compiled Code)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStub.java:173)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.jav
a:187)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:118)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:142)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatche
rImpl.java:153)
at
com.visualplex.controller.Controller.handleRequest(Controller.java:217)
at
com.visualplex.controller.Controller.doGet(Controller.java:235)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.
java:124)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContex
tImpl.java:744)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContex
tImpl.java:692)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textManager.java:251)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:3
63)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:263)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java,
Compiled Code)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

michae...@my-deja.com

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
Count me as another victim of this. We've looked
at TagAttributeInfo and its only constructor
takes 4 args, not 2. Maybe an early version had
2? Maybe StandardTagLib hasn't been updated (even
in SP4) to use the 4-arg constructor? We're
baffled.

In article <8la67s$q2e$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,