"bad URLMatchMap path "exception

Tariq Bhatti

Jul 10, 2001, 4:29:31 PM7/10/01

Deployed the .ear file in weblogic 6.0 SP1 server. The .ear has two .war files
and several EJBs. The server is throwing this
message continuously, even when there is no client request for any jsp or servelt.

Any idea what might be causing this exeption ??

<Jul 10, 2001 3:21:20 PM EDT> <Error> <Kernel> <ExecuteRequest failed
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bad URLMatchMap path: ''
at weblogic.servlet.utils.URLMatchMap.get(URLMatchMap.java:196)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.WebAppSecurity.getConstraint(WebAp
pSecurity.java:135)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.checkTransport(Secu
rityModule.java:177)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.BasicSecurityModule.checkA(BasicSe
curityModule.java:48)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess
(ServletSecurityManager.java:150)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1250)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1622)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Sunny Nani

Jul 12, 2001, 5:45:38 PM7/12/01
Tariq,

Check the <url-pattern> element within <security-constraint> element in
web.xml of the web app. Seems to have an invalid character "

-- Sunny

"Tariq Bhatti" <tariq....@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Tariq Bhatti

Jul 13, 2001, 1:49:59 PM7/13/01

Hi Sunny,

I don't even have any security-constraint tags in web.xml.The document says it
is optional.

Is it true that the security constraints/role should be defined in web.xml event
though I don't need them at this stage of development???

Tariq

Sonu

Jul 18, 2001, 12:08:46 AM7/18/01

If I am thinking correctly let us suppose you registered ur app
as "xyz". You are trying to access it via http://localhost(:Portnumber if needed)/xyz.
At this point you get the bad match exception. This is an error within the app
server. You need to make sure the ending "/" is there. It has now been fixed in
service pack2. If this is not the case please list how you are accesing it (i.e.
the exact url).