Servlet failed with Exception java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/servlet/ServletConfig

KC

May 1, 2001, 4:15:26 PM5/1/01

Hi
I registered a web app with Weblogic 5.1 in the weblogic.properties file. I try
to run the web app from my browser typing http://localhost:7001/xxx(Webapp name)
and a jsp page. Following is the error I get. It would be helpful if some one
could point me to a fix for this problem

Tue May 01 13:56:41 CDT 2001:<I> <ServletContext-omxclient> Generated java file:
D:\weblogic\myserver\omxclient\_tmp_war\jsp_servlet\_omx\_login.java
Tue May 01 13:56:43 CDT 2001:<E> <ServletContext-omxclient> Servlet failed with
Exception
java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/servlet/ServletConfig violates loader constr
aints
at jsp_servlet._omx._login._jspService(_login.java:59)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:105)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:123)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:742)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:686)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Servlet
ContextManager.java:247)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.jav
a:361)
at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)

mreiche

May 1, 2001, 4:54:29 PM5/1/01

I would guess that login.jsp is a very large JSP and that
the generated service method is too large for the classloader's
liking. Try making it smaller.

Mike

KC

May 1, 2001, 5:15:10 PM5/1/01

Hi Mike
The login.jsp page just contains a javascript function and two text boxes in it.
Will try making changing it. If that is not the issue could you let me know of
any other issues.

mreiche

May 1, 2001, 7:10:04 PM5/1/01

Sorry, I didn't look very closely - the exception is for
javax.servlet.ServletConfig - should be in weblogicaux.jar.
Is there anything wrong with it? What service pack are you
using? Could be a problem with weblogic.policy.

mike