When to call removeMemberInternal

Peter Bower

Mar 6, 2001, 4:14:36 PM3/6/01
to Karen

Karen wrote:

> I geta NullPointerException when removeMemberInternal is called.

What is the stack trace for the NPE exception ?

Peter Bower

Mar 8, 2001, 9:48:21 AM3/8/01
to Karen
From Karen:

> This is the only stack trace I get....
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> weblogic.security.acl.FlatGroup.removeMemberInternal(FlatGroup.java:321)
> at

This line tries to remove the principal from the members hashtable. The
members hash table appears to be null. What constructor are you calling?
The following comment from the FlatGroup method may apply too.

protected final void ensureFreshness()

Important method for implementors. If you override any methods in this class, you should call this method inside a synchronized(this) block before doing anything else, otherwise you risk group membership information being either out-of-date or completely nonexistent.

Peter