Sedurity exception starting a server

Sue Shanabrook

Feb 23, 2004, 3:13:53 PM2/23/04

I am getting the following security exception when trying to start a server. Can
anyone help me understand what could be causing this? We have this server working
in other environments but it doesn't work in this one case and we can't see what
the difference might be. We have reimaged this environment to be (we think) exactly
like all the others.

Thanks in advance, Sue

<Feb 17, 2004 9:42:23 AM EST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090169> <Loading trusted
certificates from the jks keystore file /home/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/DemoTrust.jks.>

<Feb 17, 2004 9:42:23 AM EST> <Notice> <Security> <BEA-090169> <Loading trusted
certificates from the jks keystore file /home/bea/jdk141_05/jre/lib/security/cacerts.>

***************************************************************************<Feb
17, 2004 9:42:25 AM EST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000364> <Server failed
during initialization. Exception:weblogic.security.spi.ProviderInitializationException:
[Security:090314]Entitlement Engine unable to connect to the embedded LDAP server
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (49) weblogic.security.spi.ProviderInitializationException:
[Security:090314]Entitlement Engine unable to connect to the embedded LDAP server
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (49) at weblogic.security.providers.authorization.DefaultAuthorizationUtils.getEngine(DefaultAuthorizationUtils.java:130)
at weblogic.security.providers.authorization.DefaultRoleMapperProviderImpl.initialize(DefaultRoleMapperProviderImpl.java:104)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.createSecurityProvider(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:241)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.createSecurityProvider(SecurityServiceManager.java:929)
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly. at weblogic.security.service.RoleManager.initialize(RoleManager.java:152)
weblogic.security.spi.ProviderInitializationException: [Security:090314]Entitlement
Engine unable to connect to the embedded LDAP server at weblogic.security.service.RoleManager.<init>(RoleManager.java:98)
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (49) at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doRole(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:512)
at weblogic.security.providers.authorization.DefaultAuthorizationUtils.getEngine(DefaultAuthorizationUtils.java:130)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initializeRealm(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:408)

at weblogic.security.providers.authorization.DefaultRoleMapperProviderImpl.initialize(DefaultRoleMapperProviderImpl.java:104)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.loadRealm(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:697)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.createSecurityProvider(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:241)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initializeRealms(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:730)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.createSecurityProvider(SecurityServiceManager.java:929)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:873)

at weblogic.security.service.RoleManager.initialize(RoleManager.java:152) at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:719)
at weblogic.security.service.RoleManager.<init>(RoleManager.java:98) at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeHere(T3Srvr.java:820)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doRole(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:512)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:664) at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:342)

at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32) at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.loadRealm(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:697)>

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initializeRealms(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:730)
<Feb 17, 2004 9:42:25 AM EST> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000342> <Unable
to initialize the server: weblogic.security.spi.ProviderInitializationException:
[Security:090314]Entitlement Engine unable to connect to the embedded LDAP server
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (49)> at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:873)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:719)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeHere(T3Srvr.java:820) at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:664)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:342) at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Reason: weblogic.security.spi.ProviderInitializationException: [Security:090314]Entitlement
Engine unable to connect to the embedded LDAP server netscape.ldap.LDAPException:
error result (49)

Pavel

Feb 24, 2004, 12:34:52 PM2/24/04

The default authorization provider was not able to connect to the embedded ldap
server. LDAPException result code 49 indicates invalid credentials. Are you running
a cluster of servers? Are you using default embedded ldap configuration?

Pavel.