Security upgrade from WLS6.1 to WLS8.1

Mehrshad Setayesh

Nov 4, 2003, 1:50:53 PM11/4/03

I am trying to upgrade our security from 6.1 to 8.1 and would like to use Compatibility
Security. I have followed the steps mentioned in
http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/secmanage/security6.html

At step 5 when I try to boot my server following exception is thrown:

<Nov 4, 2003 12:28:51 PM MST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000364> <Server
ailed during initialization. Exception:weblogic.management.ManagementRuntimeExce
ption: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: WeblogicManagement:Name=weblo
gic.management.security.Realm,Type=CustomMBeanType
weblogic.management.ManagementRuntimeException: javax.management.InstanceNotFoun
dException: WeblogicManagement:Name=weblogic.management.security.Realm,Type=Cust
omMBeanType
at weblogic.management.configuration.SecurityConfigurationMBean_Stub.fin
dRealms(SecurityConfigurationMBean_Stub.java:1025)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.getDefau
ltRealm(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:324)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initiali
zeRealms(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:723)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initiali
ze(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:873)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityS
erviceManager.java:719)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeHere(T3Srvr.java:820)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:664)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:342)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Caused by: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: WeblogicManagement:Name=w
eblogic.management.security.Realm,Type=CustomMBeanType
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:
1680)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:
1680)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.j
ava:1152)
at weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(Remot
eMBeanServerImpl.java:284)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.SecurityConfiguration.getRealmObjec
tNames(SecurityConfiguration.java:204)
at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.SecurityConfiguration.findRealms(Se
curityConfiguration.java:154)
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
eanImpl.java:747)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
.java:726)
at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(Configurat
ionMBeanImpl.java:458)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
57)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mehrshad

Satya Ghattu

Nov 5, 2003, 8:24:27 AM11/5/03
to Mehrshad Setayesh
Could you please start the server with
-Dweblogic.initCommo=true
that will print some debug messages that could help resolving the issue.
Please post the messages here ..

Thanks,
-satya

Mehrshad Setayesh

Nov 5, 2003, 8:57:12 AM11/5/03

Satya:

I found another way to migrate according to:

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/upgrade/upgrade6xto81.html#1066735

The current problem is when I try to create a new RDBMS security realm. Need to
know name of Java class which implements RDBMSRealm in 8.1. In 6.1 I was using
com.bea.wlpi.rdbmsrealm.RDBMSRealm which can not be used in 8.1 per se.

Regards
Mehrshad

Satya Ghattu <satya....@ReplyToNewsGroup.com> wrote:
>Could you please start the server with
>-Dweblogic.initCommo=true
>that will print some debug messages that could help resolving the issue.
>
>Please post the messages here ..
>
>Thanks,
>-satya
>
>Mehrshad Setayesh wrote:
>> I am trying to upgrade our security from 6.1 to 8.1 and would like
>to use Compatibility
>> Security. I have followed the steps mentioned in
>> http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs81/secmanage/security6.html
>>
>> At step 5 when I try to boot my server following exception is thrown:
>>
>> <Nov 4, 2003 12:28:51 PM MST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000364>
><Server

></server>> f

Peter

Nov 9, 2003, 9:16:45 PM11/9/03

"Mehrshad Setayesh" <mset...@creekpath.com> wrote in message

> Satya:
>
> I found another way to migrate according to:
>
> http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/upgrade/upgrade6xto81.html#1066735
>
> The current problem is when I try to create a new RDBMS security realm.
Need to
> know name of Java class which implements RDBMSRealm in 8.1. In 6.1 I was
using
> com.bea.wlpi.rdbmsrealm.RDBMSRealm which can not be used in 8.1 per se.

The 6.1 rdbms realm sample is examples.security.rdbmsrealm.RDBMSRealm