NTRealm Configuration

Sanjay

Mar 12, 2002, 1:01:31 PM3/12/02

I have configured the BEA Weblogic Server 6.1 SP2 to work with our network
domain for authentication. I have followed the exact steps mentioned in the
administration document. I have also configured a caching realm for the
NTAuthRealm as mentioned in the document.
We do have Win. 2K server acting as a PDC, so it goes to Active Server
Directory for authentication.

When I run the command
>java weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTRealm username password

to verify the installation I get the following exception:
enum groups:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: OS error=6: T
at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTResumeEnum.populate0(Native Method)
at
weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTResumeEnum.populate(NTDelegate.java:473)
at
weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTResumeEnum.<init>(NTDelegate.java:373)
at
weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTDelegate.getGroupNames(NTDelegate.java:20
6)
at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTRealm$2.getGroups(NTRealm.java:134)
at
weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTRealm$2.hasMoreElements(NTRealm.java:139)

at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTRealm.main(NTRealm.java:277)

What went wrong here? If any of you have faced this problem and have solved
it or can suggest any way of addressing this problem kindly advise.

- Sanjay

Sanjay Sankolli

Mar 14, 2002, 9:14:38 AM3/14/02

You need to give appropriate permissions to the SYSTEM user to be able to authenticate
against a PDC(NT) or a AD(Win 2K). In win 2K unfortunately, the service cannot
run as a domain user and authenticate against a AD. So one way out is to run the
service as the domain administrator and it will work. I am still working on a
better solution. Will let you know what I discover.

Sanjay Sankolli
Leverent
4343 Commerce Ct. Suite 302
Lisle IL 60532