Error creating custom authenticator

Lynn Taylor

Jan 4, 2003, 10:57:42 AM1/4/03
I followed the instructions for creating a custom realm so that I could
write an authenticator that uses our database. I copied the sample
authenticator code and then just altered it. The first time I created it,
it worked and I was able to set it as the default realm and start the
server. I then made some change (minor I thought) and now get errors when
trying to view the authenticator in the console. I tried starting from
scratch with configuring it in my console and still get these errors. It is
looking for a specific getter and I didn't delete anything (I don't think).
Here's the stack trace:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: couldn't find getter for 'Name' on
ocpsupport.wl.DocpAuthenticatorMBean
at
weblogic.management.console.utils.ReflectUtils.getGetter(ReflectUtils.java:2
87)
at
weblogic.management.console.info.ReflectingAttribute.getGetter(ReflectingAtt
ribute.java:73)
at
weblogic.management.console.info.ReflectingAttribute.(ReflectingAttribute.ja
va:53)
at
weblogic.management.console.info.ReflectingAttribute.(ReflectingAttribute.ja
va:45)
at
weblogic.management.console.info.Attribute$Factory.getInstance(Attribute.jav
a:351)
at
weblogic.management.console.tags.form.ControlTag.setAttribute(ControlTag.jav
a:76)
at
weblogic.management.console.webapp._security.__authenticationprovider._jspSe
rvice(__authenticationprovider.java:227)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Servle
tStubImpl.java:1058)
at
:401)
at
:306)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl$ForwardAction.run(RequestDis
patcherImpl.java:341)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManage
r.java:744)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImp
l.java:251)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:116)
at
weblogic.management.console.actions.ForwardAction.perform(ForwardAction.java
:35)
at
weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doAction(ActionSe
rvlet.java:171)
at
weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServ
let.java:85)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(Servle
tStubImpl.java:1058)
at
:401)
at
:306)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(W
ebAppServletContext.java:5412)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManage
r.java:744)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:3086)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2544)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)
--------------- nested within: ------------------
weblogic.utils.NestedRuntimeException - with nested exception:
[java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: couldn't find getter for 'Name' on
ocpsupport.wl.DocpAuthenticatorMBean]
at
weblogic.management.console.info.ReflectingAttribute.getGetter(ReflectingAtt
ribute.java:75)
[...]

Lynn Taylor

Jan 4, 2003, 11:49:03 AM1/4/03
Well, I got passed that problem. It turns out it was caused by accidentally
having my authenticator jar in the classpath in my startup script. However,
now I'm trying to create each provider in my new realm after pressing
create, I move to another provider, go back and the one I just created is
gone. I can't get these things to persist! How can this be so finicky?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lynn

"Lynn Taylor" <lkta...@telusplanet.net> wrote in message

Matt Galvin

Jan 6, 2003, 11:49:45 AM1/6/03
I ran into similiar problems when working with my custom providers.
Sometimes things just didn't seem to be persisting. Eventually I got so
frustrated with it that I decided to do the configuration manually. I
followed the steps to backup the security config to an xml file, modified
that file to contain exactly what I needed, and then restored the
configuration from it. You can find the steps to do it in the docs here:

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/admin_domain/failures.html#1106023

Good Luck!
Matt