Cannot connect Weblogic5.1sp8 to LDAP server

Alex

Jun 14, 2001, 12:34:31 PM6/14/01

I am using Weblogic 5.1sp8 and DirX V6 Siemens LDAP Server (v3 LDAP). I
configured ldap.properties and weblogic starts OK. I set ACL for helloWorld
servlet to user alex:

weblogic.allow.execute.weblogic.servlet.helloWorld=alex

This are the properties for LDAP realm:

server.host=my IP address
server.principal=cn=admin, o=Government of Ontario, st=ON, c=CA
server.credential=mypassword

user.dn=ou=People,ou=MBS,o=Government of Ontario, st=ON, c=CA
user.filter=(&(cn=%u)(objectclass=person))

group.dn=ou=People,ou=MBS,o=Government of Ontario, st=ON, c=CA
group.filter=(&(ou=%g)(objectclass=organizationalUnit))

membership.filter=(&(uniquemember=%M)(objectclass=groupofuniquenames))

When I try to execute helloWorld I get the user login dialog, when I enter
and OK it hangs. If try to do it again I get this stack trace in my log:

Thu Jun 14 12:08:09 EDT 2001:<E> <ServletContextManager> Servlet request
terminiated with RuntimeException netscape.ldap.LDAPException: Server down
(80) at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnThread.networkError(LDAPConnThread.java:619)
at netscape.ldap.LDAPConnThread.run(LDAPConnThread.java:436)

--------------- nested within: ------------------

weblogic.security.ldaprealm.LDAPRealmException: caught unexpected
exception - with nested exception: [netscape.ldap.LDAPException: Server down
(80)] at
weblogic.security.ldaprealm.LDAPDelegate.handleException(LDAPDelegate.java:8
65) at
weblogic.security.ldaprealm.LDAPDelegate.authenticate(LDAPDelegate.java:794)
at weblogic.security.ldaprealm.LDAPRealm.authUserPassword(LDAPRealm.java:60)
at
weblogic.security.acl.AbstractListableRealm.authInternal(AbstractListableRea
lm.java:188) at
weblogic.security.acl.AbstractListableRealm.authenticate(AbstractListableRea
lm.java:129) at
weblogic.security.acl.AbstractListableRealm.getUser(AbstractListableRealm.ja
va:112) at
weblogic.security.acl.CachingRealm.authenticate(CachingRealm.java:1271) at
weblogic.security.acl.CachingRealm.getUser(CachingRealm.java:1178) at
weblogic.security.acl.Realm.authenticate(Realm.java:180) at
weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getAuthenticatedName(Realm.java:198) at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.authenticate(Security.java:82)

Please help

Alex