Authentication for user guest denied

Jared Tuck

Jan 8, 2002, 3:25:20 PM1/8/02
I am connecting to two WL 6.0 sp2 servers. I am logging in both as guest.
When I log into one or the other, everything works fine. However, when I
log into both (and create InitialContext's for both), I get the following
error:

java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user guest denied in
realm wl_realm
at
weblogic.rmi.internal.AbstractOutboundRequest.sendReceive(AbstractOutboundRe
quest.java:90)
at
weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java
:247)
at
weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java
:225)
at
weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode_WLStub.lookup(ServerNamingNode_WLStu
b.java:121)
at
weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:323)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)

I tried synchronizing system passwords, accessing each server in a separate
thread -- but nothing seems to work. Does anybody have any ideas?

Interestingly, it seems to behave OK when one of the servers is WL 6.0 Beta.
However, it breaks with sp1 and sp2.

Thanks in advance,

Jared

Joseph Nguyen

Jan 10, 2002, 7:41:16 PM1/10/02
Hi Jared,

Are the 2 servers in the same cluster? What is your client? When and where do
you see this SecurityException? Do you mean that when you try to get initial
context you provide a username and password? Are you using any custom realm or
just the default file realm?

Joseph

Jared Tuck wrote:

--