SecurityException when starting managed servers with custom security realm

Alain Pilon

Jan 8, 2004, 9:35:30 AM1/8/04

I created a new domain with an admin server and two managed servers. Everything
works fine. Once I deploy a custom security realm, I can't start my managed servers.

<Server failed during initialization. Exception:java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication
fo
r user system denied java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user system
denied
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAu
thorization(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:411)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initiali
ze(SecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:539)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityS
erviceManager.java:917)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:723)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:594)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:282)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

Jay Zimmett

Jan 8, 2004, 2:06:32 PM1/8/04
What does your custom security realm point to for authentication? Is the
user "System" in the new realm?

Neil

Jan 12, 2004, 5:33:25 AM1/12/04
One trick to help would be to leave the WLS default authentication provider
in along side your custom realm. Make the default provider the first
provider and mark it as "sufficient". Then, any users in the default
provider will be able to log on even if the custom authentication provider
is broken. This might help you getting the server running so you can debug
the problem.

- Neil

"Alain Pilon" <alain...@cinfin.com> wrote in message