AuditProvider breaks admin consol

Dennis Brennan

Jun 27, 2001, 6:32:18 PM6/27/01

I'm having problems with the AuditProvider in 6.0 sp2. My server starts fine
and I see the audit messages in the log. When I try to access the admin console
with the AuditProvider installed I get the exception below. This happens with
both the sample LogAuditProvider and the one I have implemented.

Has anyone seen this?

javax.management.RuntimeOperationsException: RuntimeException thrown by the getAttribute
method of the DynamicMBean for the attribute FileTimeSpan
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1183)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:1151)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.getAttribute(MBeanProxy.java:223)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:156)
at $Proxy3.getFileTimeSpan(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.logging.FileStreamLogger.log(FileStreamLogger.java:169)
at weblogic.management.logging.DomainLogHandler.handleNotification(DomainLogHandler.java:308)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.sendNotification(MBeanProxy.java:764)
at weblogic.management.internal.BaseNotificationListenerImpl.handleNotification(BaseNotificationListenerImpl.java:71)
at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerNotificationListener.handleNotification(MBeanServerNotificationListener.java:48)
at javax.management.NotificationBroadcasterSupport.sendNotification(NotificationBroadcasterSupport.java:142)
at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.sendNotification(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:742)
at weblogic.management.logging.LogBroadcaster.log(LogBroadcaster.java:223)
at weblogic.management.logging.LogBroadcaster.log(LogBroadcaster.java:187)
at weblogic.logging.LogManager.log(LogManager.java:144)
at weblogic.logging.LogOutputStream.error(LogOutputStream.java:63)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:142)

Shannon Forte

Jun 27, 2001, 8:48:30 PM6/27/01
The Audit provider in 6.0 has a bug in it. it is fixed in service pack 2. Go to the download site and get 6.0sp2.

Dennis Brennan

Jun 28, 2001, 8:35:07 AM6/28/01

I am using 6.0sp2 as noted in my first post.

Paul Ferwerda

Jul 26, 2001, 3:39:55 PM7/26/01
Does the AuditProvider that you are using use logging? From the stack trace it looks as though there may be a problem in the logging. You could try spitting the output to something other than the logger
to see if that works.

Paul