Problem with JAAS example in WLS6.0sp1

Ralf Fritsche

May 30, 2001, 11:40:35 AM5/30/01

I tried to run the SampleClient from the JAAS example in WLS6.0sp1 and got an
exception
when a valid username/password combination is entered. Has anyone experienced
that in WLS6.0sp1?

Thanx
Ralf

SampleLoginModule.initialize(), debug enabled
SampleLoginModule.initialize(), URL t3://localhost:7001
SampleLoginModule.login(), username guest
SampleLoginModule.login(), password guest
Authentication Failed: Unexpected Exception, java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at weblogic.security.auth.Authenticate.authenticate(Authenticate.java:124)
at examples.security.jaas.SampleLoginModule.login(SampleLoginModule.java:157)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:595)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:125)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$3.run(LoginContext.java:531)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:528)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:449)
at examples.security.jaas.SampleClient.main(SampleClient.java:92)

Ralf Fritsche

May 30, 2001, 12:58:06 PM5/30/01

I found out, that the example runs with the JDK delivered by BEA,
but not with a JDK I downloaded from SUN.
Wheras with the first the provided way to set the user defined
configuration class with the system property 'weblogic.security.jaas.Configuration'
works, this is not possible with another JDK. According to the
JAAS standard, this class could only be defined in the properties
file 'java.security' of the Java runtime.
How is BEA doing this?

Thanx
Ralf

Narinder Gaheer

May 30, 2001, 1:45:38 PM5/30/01
I am happy someone came up with this problem. I also bent backwards solving
this problem
in my application.

I figured out that as soon as I remove the standard jaas.jar from my
classpath , I can run the example successfully. Weblogic.jar does contain
necessary jaas library , so don't need to include jaas.jar.

I am not sure, but I get the feeling that there is a jaas library conflict
here. May be weblogic
guys are the best to put some light on this issue.

"Ralf Fritsche" <ralf.f...@emagine.de> wrote in message

Alf

May 30, 2001, 2:52:45 PM5/30/01
Weblogic comes with its own implementation of JAAS, unfortunately
conflicting with Sun's. Contact customer support, they will tell you the
exact differences and incompatibilities. Or reverse engineer the two
versions, you'll find quite a few differences (apart from the BEA version
not implementing JAAS authorization, which is documented).

"Narinder Gaheer" <nga...@callidussoftware.com> wrote in message

milind puranik

Jun 26, 2001, 10:11:39 AM6/26/01
i tried the same example in WLS6.0 SP2

it is working perfecting.

pls check the given frob method access in console.

thanks,
Milind.