Security Exception when trying to use two different 8.1 servers

Cory Musselman

Nov 18, 2003, 3:20:48 PM11/18/03
I have a client that connects to one WLS 8.1 server (say server1)
retreives some data from the datasource it connects to then the client
connects to another WLS 8.1 server (say server2) and tries to push the
data from server1 into the datasource connected to server2. When I do
this I get the following exception. Anyone know what might be the
cause and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Cory Musselman

java.lang.SecurityException: [Security:090398]Invalid Subject:
principals=[corym
]
at weblogic.rjvm.BasicOutboundRequest.sendReceive(BasicOutboundRequest.j
ava:108)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteR
ef.java:284)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteR
ef.java:244)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode_811_WLStub.lookup(Unknown
Sou
rce)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:338)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.lookup(WLContextImpl.java:333)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
at i3.intel.control.context.ServiceLocator.getService(ServiceLocator.jav
a:514)
at i3.intel.control.context.ServiceLocator.create(ServiceLocator.java:35
5)
at i3.intel.control.context.ServiceLocator.create(ServiceLocator.java:33
6)
at i3.intel.ui.model.AbstractDataModel.addIntelObjects(AbstractDataModel
.java:231)
at i3.intel.search.ui.SearchHelper$8.run(SearchHelper.java:454)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchTh
read.java:197)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThre
ad.java:150)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:144)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:136)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:99)

Craig

Nov 21, 2003, 6:59:24 PM11/21/03
cory.mu...@ngc.com (Cory Musselman) wrote in message news:<d9ce7ced.0311...@posting.google.com>...

> I have a client that connects to one WLS 8.1 server (say server1)
> retreives some data from the datasource it connects to then the client
> connects to another WLS 8.1 server (say server2) and tries to push the
> data from server1 into the datasource connected to server2. When I do
> this I get the following exception. Anyone know what might be the
> cause and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Cory Musselman
>
> java.lang.SecurityException: [Security:090398]Invalid Subject:
> principals=[corym
> ]

If the servers are not part of the same WLS domain then the client
must authenticate to each server and interact with each server
independently.

Authentication with JNDI makes this difficult. You might want to look
into using JAAS for login then weblogic.security.Security.runAs() so
that interaction with each server can be isolated to the proper user
credentials.

-Craig