Authentification in Active Directory

Marc Carrion

Aug 22, 2001, 1:01:20 PM8/22/01
Hello, my name is Marc Carrion, I trying to authentificate the user using Active Directory (Windows 2000), I can do it using LDAP but not in Weblogic, because I need to use Kerberos to authentificate the user and I couldn't find the way to do it in Weblogic, so, I tried to create a custom realm extending abstractListableRealm. What should I do? which methods should I overwrite? etc...Thanks, M.

Marc Carrion

Aug 24, 2001, 8:09:59 AM8/24/01

Hello, that's being more difficult I belived. Now I can create my own realm but
when I try to connect to an active directory to get the users I can't, and it's
because WebLogic is working under java 1.3 and I would need 1.4 (jaas is included
in here), if I change the jvm I'm using, then I get the following error

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised: weblogic.server.ServiceFailureException: Initializing JNDI:
java.lang.NullPointerException
weblogic.server.ServiceFailureException: Initializing JNDI: java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.transaction.internal.JNDIAdvertiser.initialize(JNDIAdvertiser.java:81)
at weblogic.transaction.internal.TransactionService.initialize(TransactionService.java:38)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServiceList.initialize(ServerServiceList.java:46)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:405)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:169)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
Reason: Fatal initialization exception

Does anybody know why?

Thanks,