using WebLogic with jdk1.4

Marc Carrion

Aug 24, 2001, 8:25:58 AM8/24/01

Is there any way to use WebLogic with jdk1.4
Because I get the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:375)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:144
1)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1357)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1
544)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1202)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:297)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.CBVInputStream.readObjectInternal(CBVInputStrea
m.java:196)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.CBVInputStream.readObject(CBVInputStream.java:1
87)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.CBVInputStream.readObject(CBVInputStream.java:1
74)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.ObjectIO.readObject(ObjectIO.java:47)
at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.unmarshalReturn(BasicRemoteRef.j
ava:136)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteR
ef.java:251)
at weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteR
ef.java:225)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.ServerNamingNode_WLStub.createSubcontext(Serve
rNamingNode_WLStub.java:248)
at weblogic.jndi.internal.WLContextImpl.createSubcontext(WLContextImpl.j
ava:81)
at weblogic.transaction.internal.JNDIAdvertiser.initialize(JNDIAdvertise
r.java:76)
at weblogic.transaction.internal.TransactionService.initialize(Transacti
onService.java:38)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServiceList.initialize(ServerServiceList.java:
46)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:405)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:169)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
<Aug 24, 2001 11:08:43 AM GMT> <Emergency> <Server> <Unable to initialize the
se
rver: 'Fatal initialization exception
Throwable: weblogic.server.ServiceFailureException: Initializing JNDI: java.lang
NullPointerException
weblogic.server.ServiceFailureException: Initializing JNDI: java.lang.NullPointe
rException
at weblogic.transaction.internal.JNDIAdvertiser.initialize(JNDIAdvertise
r.java:81)
at weblogic.transaction.internal.TransactionService.initialize(Transacti
onService.java:38)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServiceList.initialize(ServerServiceList.java:
46)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:405)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:169)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
'>

Yen-Lin Yin

Aug 24, 2001, 6:29:35 PM8/24/01
hi

i got similar problem too and now that it's still 1.4 beta, i switched back
to 1.3 and everything is OK

Danny
"Marc Carrion" <marc_c...@yahoo.es> wrote in message

Mettu Kumar

Aug 24, 2001, 9:16:44 PM8/24/01
I was told 1.4 support is not going to be any time soon for wls.

Marc Carrion

Aug 25, 2001, 5:37:09 AM8/25/01

Really??? And how am I supposed to work with kerberos authentication???? jdk1.4
allows you to do that, in jdk1.3 you need the jaas and you also need to implement
the Kerberos Login context (and kerberos principal, kerberos key, ....) All this
work is already done with jdk1.4!!!!!!!!

I guess the people who decided not to support new jdk versions need to think
about that again. Is it so difficult???? And all who use windows 2000 (with Active
Directory) would apreciate the effort. Maybe it's simplier to implement the Active
Directory Realm!!!!! By the way, Websphere allows you to do that with only a few
parameters in the configuration.

Thanks for the answer, Mettu
Marc

Mettu Kumar

Aug 25, 2001, 9:06:23 PM8/25/01
Marc,

End May when I posted a question regarding jdk1.4 Micheal Girdley mentioned that
for jdk1.4 support weblogic needs some rearchitecture. But recently there was a Post
from Don (d...@bea.com) saying some developers at BEA are already on 1.4. You might want
to checkup.

Kumar.

Marc Carrion

Aug 27, 2001, 5:24:30 AM8/27/01

Thank you, but I need to use the 1.4 version if I want to use the kerberos authentication
in the Microsoft Active Directory, that was the point.

Marc

Marc Carrion

Aug 27, 2001, 5:27:52 AM8/27/01

First of all, Thank you again, I really apreciate your help, I just wrote Don
in order to ask about it. But, please, do you know in which group did he post
the message?

Thanks again,

Marc Carrion

Vincent Ducret

Aug 27, 2001, 9:38:42 AM8/27/01

Hi Marc,

You got the same problems when you try to use JAAS 1.0 of SUN with WebLogic Server
6.1. Indeed, the initial classes of the javax.security.*** packages were updated
by BEA for WLS 6.1. Therefore, we can not use these initial classes of SUN with
WLS 6.1 !!!!!!! It's a big problem, because we have developed a security framework
that was based on JAAS 1.0 and from now on we are no more able at the moment to
use it with WLS 6.1.

Does a solution exist ?????????

Regards
Vincent

Marc Carrion

Aug 27, 2001, 10:16:09 AM8/27/01

I know, it's really weird. I hope they will use jdk1.4 soon, then you won't need
jaas anymore.

Do you have the same problem using Weblogic 6.0?

Regards,
Marc