SSL Connection to LDAP server

1 view

Steve Taylor

Oct 18, 2001, 6:45:50 AM10/18/01

I have written some code to allow users to change there password's,
the user accounts are managed via LDAP the provider is MS Active
Directory. One of the restrictions on the LDAP interface to AD is that
you must have an SSL connection to change a users password. I have
tested my base code using the Java security extension and it works
fine.

I've now moved this code into the WebLogic 6.1 container and every
time I attempt to make an SSL connection I get the following error's

javax.naming.CommunicationException: 192.168.69.5:636. Root exception
is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: FATAL Alert:HANDSHAKE_FAILURE
- The han
dshake handler was unable to negotiate an acceptable set of security
parameters.
at com.certicom.tls.b.e.a(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.b.e.a(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.b.o.do(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.b.o.aB(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.b.o.int(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.b.o.a(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.e.if(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.e.ai(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.e.aj(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.b.e.c(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.c.write(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.tls.d.c.write(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:214)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.<init>(LdapClient.java:113)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(LdapCtx.java:2384)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(LdapCtx.java:244)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(LdapCtxFactory.java:79)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:665)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:83)
at com.cedar.utils.ldap._Delegate.getDirContext(Unknown
Source)
at com.cedar.utils.ldap.ADSDelegate.changePassword(Unknown
Source)
at com.cedar.utils.ldap.LdapControler.changePassword(Unknown
Source)

I think it may have somthing to do with certificates but I've followed
the instructions on configuring trusted certificates within the
weblogic environment but it still doen't work.

I'm running WebLogic Server 6.1 SP 1 on Windows 2000. I'm using the
JVM supplied with the WebLogic installer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, there seem's to be a lot of
information about on making SSL connections from a client to the
WebLogic server but not a lot on a WebLogic server making an ssl
connection to another server / services

Kind Regards

Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor