Calling EJB on WL60 from an EJB on WL60

Message has been deleted

steve....@capitalone.com

Oct 21, 2002, 11:19:03 AM10/21/02

I am getting the same problem in wl 5.1 sp10. I find that I can make the EJB remote
call using any valid user as defined in the weblogic.properties and ejb-jar.xml
files but this only works if the system passwords are the same. A 'non-weblogic
server' client works fine for me too.

TallHy...@hotmail.com (tally) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am facing a problem while trying to invoke an ejb on wl60 server A
>from another ejb on wl60 server B.
>
>The servers that I am using are not part of a cluster. One server is
>currently running on NT and the other on Solaris (eventually they will
>both run on Solaris)
>
>The only way this works is when I use specify 'system' as the
>security.principal and make the 'system' passwords the same for both
>the servers. However making the passwords same for both the servers is
>not an acceptable solution for me because the servers belong to two
>different departments managed by two different teams.
>
>The exception stack trace is as follows:
>
>Start server side stack trace:
>java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication for user system denied in
>realm wl_realm
> at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.authenticate(Realm.java:212)
> at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getAuthenticatedName(Realm.java:233)
> at weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.authenticate(Security.java:132)
> at weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.verify(Security.java:87)
> at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRequestHandler.handleRequest(BasicRequestHandler.java:76)
> at weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicExecuteRequest.execute(BasicExecuteRequest.java:17)
> at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)
> at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)
>End server side stack trace
>
>Intrestingly it works if my client is a java program instead of an ejb
>in a different wl server.
>
>I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest a workaround other than
>making the passwords for the two servers same for the system account.
>
>Thanks,
>TH

Steve Rendell

Oct 24, 2002, 4:10:54 AM10/24/02

For the record this is fixed for 5.1 by SP11, and for 6.0 by upgrading to 7.0.