Security errors - ACLs?

Max

Nov 11, 2002, 3:56:09 PM11/11/02

Sorry for the cross post, I put this in the JMS forum and then thought it may be
more appropriate to post here?

Hi folks,

I'm not especially proficient with Weblogic, I haven't really done any development
with it but I am a little familiar with configuring some pieces. Bearing this
in mind, what follows is pretty sparse on details.

My department has two deployments of the same application but one works and one
doesn't. The error is below:

Start server side stack trace: java.lang.ClassCastException: weblogic.security.acl.DefaultUserInfoImpl
at weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.authenticate(BootServicesImpl.java:189) at
weblogic.kernel.BootServicesImpl.invoke(BootServicesImpl.java:145) at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatchRequest(RJVMImpl.java:620)
at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMImpl.dispatch(RJVMImpl.java:581) at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManagerServer.handleRJVM(ConnectionManagerServer.java:164)
at weblogic.rjvm.ConnectionManager.dispatch(ConnectionManager.java:640) at weblogic.rjvm.t3.T3JVMConnection.dispatch(T3JVMConnection.java:454)
at weblogic.socket.PosixSocketMuxer.deliverGoodNews(PosixSocketMuxer.java:456)
at weblogic.socket.PosixSocketMuxer.processSockets(PosixSocketMuxer.java:385)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:24) at
weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139) at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:120)
End server side stack trace

I'm not hoping that from this VERY limited information somebody can offer a solution,
I'm not expecting that, I'm just hoping that someone can point me in a general
direction i.e. the ACLS are corrupt, or something like that.

Sorry for the lack of details: We have front end and back end applications, both
running on WL6.1. They communicate via JMS. When the front end sends a message
to the back end I get the message above from the front end stdout. The back end
weblogic doesn't even record any activity at all. I have logging set to "Info"
but still I see nothing. I re-installed the back end application on another server,
configured it from scratch and received the same error message upon a rerun.
We can point the front end to a different back end and it works but comparison
of the two configurations reveals no differences. All very confusing. Since
I don't have any info in the logs on the backend all I have is the stdout from
the front end and it doesn't tell me enough to go to the next stage and fix the
problem.

Cheers, Max