Problem with certificate file: Length is too big

1 view

Naresh Bhatia

Oct 3, 2002, 11:43:42 AM10/3/02

Kiran,

Thanks for your response. None of the possibilities you mention exist - I have
double checked that. What I have been able to determine is that 512 bit keys give
this problem whereas 1024 bit keys don't! Doe that give you any more clues?

Thanks.
Naresh

"kirann" <kir...@bea.com> wrote:
>hi,
> either you've enabled key encrypted in the config.xml or you've passed
>pk password for an un encrypted privatekey.
> or the privatekey you're using was not generated by certificate servlet.
>thanks
>kiran
>
>"Naresh Bhatia" <nbh...@sapient.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I am trying to set up SSL on WL 6.1. But I am getting the following
>"Length is
>> too big" error with a key that was generated by Weblogic! I have read
>few posts
>> regarding this, but it is still not clear why the problem is occuring.
>>
>> 1) Why does weblogic not understand the key that it generated?
>> 2) How do I fix this problem?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> <Security configuration problem with certificate file
>config/MyProject/camnbhati_sapient_com-key.der,
>> java.io.IOException: Length is too big: takes 34 bytes>
>> java.io.IOException: Length is too big: takes 34 bytes
>> at
>weblogic.security.ASN1.ASN1Header.inputLength(ASN1Header.java:148)
>> at weblogic.security.ASN1.ASN1Header.input(ASN1Header.java:120)
>> at weblogic.security.RSAPrivateKey.input(RSAPrivateKey.java:128)
>> at weblogic.security.RSAPrivateKey.<init>(RSAPrivateKey.java:91)
>> at
>weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(SSLListenThread.java:398)
>> at
>weblogic.t3.srvr.SSLListenThread.<init>(SSLListenThread.java:301)
>> at
>weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeListenThreads(T3Srvr.java:1097)
>> at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:490)
>> at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:206)
>> at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)

Bobby Digi

Oct 4, 2002, 7:39:39 PM10/4/02
Convert that DER formatted key to BASE64 encoded and try again.

Open the key with a simple text editor .. make sure there are no formatting
issues.