JAAS NotOwnerException ?

1 view

yourname

Nov 28, 2002, 3:23:52 PM11/28/02
Hello,

I'm trying to use the weblogic jaas examples but keep getting the following
exception:

username: test
password: test0123
UsernamePasswordLoginModule.login(), username test
UsernamePasswordLoginModule.login(), password test0123
Authentication Failed: Unexpected Exception, java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
java.security.acl.NotOwnerException
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getRealm(Realm.java:94)
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getRealm(Realm.java:39

test/test0123 is a user in 'myrealm'.
WLS7.0sp1.

My main system/system01 account credentials do not work either. The
exception is failing in the Authenticate.authenticate() method of the
WebLogic-provided weblogic.security.auth.login.UsernamePasswordLoginModule.

Has anyone been able to get this working in 7.0sp1?

Thanks.

yourname

Nov 28, 2002, 3:53:29 PM11/28/02
yourname wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the weblogic jaas examples but keep getting the
> following exception:
>
> username: test
> password: test0123
> UsernamePasswordLoginModule.login(), username test
> UsernamePasswordLoginModule.login(), password test0123
> Authentication Failed: Unexpected Exception, java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
> java.security.acl.NotOwnerException
> at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getRealm(Realm.java:94)
> at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getRealm(Realm.java:39

The code is from the SimpleClient.java example btw.
In the stack trace I notice the WEbLogic JAAS Authenticate.authenticate()
winds up using weblogic.security.acl.Realm, which is NOT JAAS, and is
_deprecated_. ?

Authentication Failed: Unexpected Exception, java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
java.security.acl.NotOwnerException
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getRealm(Realm.java:94)

at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getRealm(Realm.java:39)
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.authenticate(Realm.java:196)
at weblogic.security.acl.Realm.getAuthenticatedName(Realm.java:246)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.authenticate(Security.java:138)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.Security.authenticate(Security.java:107)
at
weblogic.security.auth.Authenticate.authenticate(Authenticate.java:144)
at
weblogic.security.auth.login.UsernamePasswordLoginModule.login(UsernamePasswordLoginModule.java:170)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:595)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:125)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$3.run(LoginContext.java:531)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:528)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:449)
at com.sfcommerce.test.wls.SampleClient.main(SampleClient.java:80)
at jsp_servlet.__index._jspService(__index.java:109)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)

Maria Salzberger

Nov 29, 2002, 7:37:50 AM11/29/02

this is a known issue for WLS 7.0 SP1 and will be fixed in SP2. If you need a
one-off patch for SP1, please open a case and request the patch for CR089964.

HTH
Maria Salzberger
BEA Customer Support

Jawahar

Nov 29, 2002, 9:27:08 AM11/29/02

Maria,

I was getting the same exception until I changed the code from:

loginContext = new LoginContext(..);
subject = loginContext.login();

to:

subject = weblogic.security.services.Authentication.login(..);

which is not documented anywhere but in the Javadocs and very sparingly there
too. Is this an officially supported class?

Maria Salzberger

Nov 29, 2002, 10:37:19 AM11/29/02

Jawahar,

yes this is supported and a valid workaround for this problem.

Regards
Maria