NTRealm Error Causes?

Frank Febbraro

Aug 2, 2001, 9:26:48 AM8/2/01
Hello all,

I am running Weblogic 6.0 sp2 on a Win2000 Server installation as a Service.
I have an NTRealm configured to use our PDC. If this is left running for a
while I get the following error and the application I have deployed using
the NTRealm for security does not allow any clients to access it. This
happens a few times a week, and 3 times yesterday. What can cause this
error, configuration, setup, our network admin? Please help, as it is a
showstopper.

Thanks in advance, Frank

####<Aug 1, 2001 12:47:53 PM EDT> <Error> <Kernel> <raider> <myserver>
<ExecuteThread: '9' for queue: 'default'> <testuser> <> <000000>
<ExecuteRequest failed>
java.lang.RuntimeException: the specified hostname for the Primary Domain
Controller is invalid: Invalid Name
at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTResumeEnum.populate0(Native Method)
at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTResumeEnum.populate(NTDelegate.java:423)
at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTResumeEnum.<init>(NTDelegate.java:338)
at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTDelegate.getGroupNames(NTDelegate.java:169)
at weblogic.security.ntrealm.NTRealm.getGroup(NTRealm.java:85)
at weblogic.security.acl.CachingRealm.getGroup(CachingRealm.java:1120)
at
weblogic.servlet.security.internal.WebAppSecurity.isPrincipalInRole(WebAppSe
curity.java:265)
at
weblogic.servlet.security.internal.WebAppSecurity.hasPermission(WebAppSecuri
ty.java:179)
at
weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.checkPerm(SecurityModule.j
ava:92)
at
weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkUserPerm(FormSecu
rityModule.java:320)
at
weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.beginCheck(SecurityModule.
java:149)
at
weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkA(FormSecurityMod
ule.java:160)
at
weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(Servle
tSecurityManager.java:150)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:1250)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1631)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)