java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid

Ganesh C

Dec 11, 2002, 4:16:46 PM12/11/02

I am trying to startWLS and get the following error.
Any Help would be a great help for me.

<Server failed during initializatio
n. Exception:java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity
not valid
java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.doBootAuthorization(SecurityServiceManager.java:1024)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:1166)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:697)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:589)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:277)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)>
<Dec 11, 2002 3:11:40 PM CST> <Emergency> <WebLogicServer> <000342> <Unable to
initialize the server:
Fatal initialization exception
Throwable: java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not
valid
java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.doBootAuthorization(SecurityServiceManager.java:1024)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:1166)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:697)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:589)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:277)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)>
The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
Exception raised:
java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.doBootAuthorization(SecurityServiceManager.java:1024)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:1166)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:697)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:589)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:277)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Reason: Fatal initialization exception
Throwable: java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not
valid
java.lang.SecurityException: Authentication denied: Boot identity not valid
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.doBootAuthorization(SecurityServiceManager.java:1024)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:1166)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:697)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:589)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:277)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

Thanks in Advance
Ganesh C

Christian

Dec 16, 2002, 8:04:33 AM12/16/02

Hi Ganesh,

it seems that you have a boot.properties file.
This file will be used to read the bootup user and password for WebLogic Server.
It remains in the same directory as the start script of WebLogic.
Please have a look at this document:
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/adminguide/startstop.html#1085723

Thank you and with best regards

Christian Plenagl
Developer Relations Engineer
BEA Support

Soojin Kim

Dec 16, 2002, 9:18:47 PM12/16/02
Hi Ganesh,
Can you start the weblogic server without the boot.properties file?

Regards

adent

Jan 8, 2003, 2:53:22 PM1/8/03

Did either of you find a solution to this problem? I've been told that doing a
clean install of weblogic will work. I've tried to overlay a new installation
of weblogic on an existent copy. This does not work. Any suggestions?

Matt Galvin

Apr 28, 2003, 9:54:48 AM4/28/03
I just recently ran into this issue on a server we just built. We use a
suite of custom security providers to handle our security (don't know if
this matters). The boot file we were useing was valid, and the user was a
proper user in our database. The configuration on this server was identical
to other servers that boot fine. As a last resort, I deleted the ldap
directory and started up the server. We don't use the ldap directory for
anything, so this was a painless option for us. If you use the standard
weblogic security stuff that stores in the ldap server, be carefull deleting
that directory as you will most likely loose your configuration. This fixed
it for us. I don't know why, but something in the embedded ldap server was
causing the failure.

Matt Galvin
GoSolutions

"Ganesh C" <tcga...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Luciano Moizio

Oct 22, 2003, 3:31:00 PM10/22/03
Yes.. i get the same problem, and i remove the ldap directory and restart the managed server..after everything is ok..

good luck..