Custom Authentication Provider configuration fails in administration console (WLS7)

Sandrine Serniguet

Nov 8, 2002, 11:21:02 AM11/8/02

On WLS7 SP1, I have developped a custom authentication provider.
I have generated the MBean with WebLogicMBeanMaker. I copied it on weblogic700\server\lib\mbeantypes.
I put all needed jars in
the classpath.
I want to configure the defaultAuthenticator of weblogic and the custom authentication.

I see the custom authentication provider link in the administration console. I
can set the DefaultAuthenticator control flag to SUFFICIENT. I can click on the
custom authenticator link to create it. When i create it i get an "Errors occurred
while generating this page."

(java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: couldn't find getter for 'Name' on com.xxx.xxx.CustomAuthenticatorMBean
at weblogic.management.console.utils.ReflectUtils.getGetter(ReflectUtils.java:287)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.management.console.tags.LabelTag.doStartTag(LabelTag.java:52)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
at weblogic.management.console.info.ReflectingAttribute.doGet(ReflectingAttribute.java:110)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.form.ControlTag.getValue(ControlTag.java:231)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.form.TextControlTag.doStartTag(TextControlTag.java:34)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.form.ReflectingControlTag.doStartTag(ReflectingControlTag.java:66)
at weblogic.management.console.webapp._security.__authenticationprovider._jspService(__authenticationprovider.java:259)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)

After this configuration error, authentication is not working fine.

I found the following work around:
I use the WebLogicMBeanDumper to dump the security configuration.
I modify the xml generated (control flag for the CustomAuthenticator is not set)
I use the WebLogicMBeanLoader to load the security configuration.
Then authentication is working fine but i get always an error in the administration
console when i click on the link.
I also cannot delete the CustomAuthenticator with the administration console.

When i make the same test with the sample security providers i get the SAME error.

Should i write an extension even if i do not use custom operation to custom attribute?
Is there a possibility to solve this problem?
Is it an administration console bug or a configuration error on my side?

Thanks in advance.
Sandrine