WebService through SSL using non-browser client

Eje Thorarinsson

Jun 8, 2004, 2:37:59 AM6/8/04
We are working on a WLS 8.1 project that exports a webservice. Accessing
the WS is done using SSL which works fine in a browser. However, we need
to be able to access the WS through other types of clients, so we are
now experimenting this by using a POJO with a main method.

When running the program without SSL, we get a proper response back, but
when applying SSL, we get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing license
file for: WebLogic Platform 8.1
at com.certicom.net.ssl.SSLContext.getLicenseLevel(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.net.ssl.SSLContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.certicom.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
weblogic.webservice.client.https.HttpsURLConnection.<init>(HttpsURLConnection.java:66)
at
weblogic.webservice.client.WLSSLAdapter.openConnection(WLSSLAdapter.java:60)
at
weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.DefinitionFactory.createDefinition(DefinitionFactory.java:81)
at
weblogic.webservice.tools.wsdlp.WSDLParser.<init>(WSDLParser.java:76)
at
weblogic.webservice.WebServiceFactory.createFromWSDL(WebServiceFactory.java:108)
at
weblogic.webservice.WebServiceFactory.createFromWSDL(WebServiceFactory.java:84)
at
weblogic.webservice.core.rpc.ServiceImpl.<init>(ServiceImpl.java:76)
at
se.police.rps.abc.vk2.presentation.ws.Vk2_Impl.<init>(Vk2_Impl.java:22)
at se.police.rps.abc.wsdelegates.VK2WSDelegate.getPort(Unknown
Source)
at
se.police.rps.abc.wsdelegates.VK2WSDelegate.snabbfrŐgaPerson(Unknown Source)
at se.police.rps.abc.dosklient.DosKlient.main(Unknown Source)

As I understand, this has to do with the fact that the server wants the
signatures in the license.bea file. We've tried to append the license
file to the Classpath, and tried to find proper -D flags, but without
luck. There doesn't seem to be much info on the net on this either. Any
help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
/Eje Thorarinsson

Pavel

Jun 8, 2004, 6:49:50 PM6/8/04

Make sure you add to the classpath the folder with the license.bea file, not the
file itself. This code is looking for the SSL license component.

Pavel.