Connecting managed server to cluster's administration server

Harri Töhönen

Apr 11, 2001, 4:23:45 AM4/11/01
Hello,

I have a problem when trying to connect managed server to cluster's
administration server.
When starting the managed server I get a security exception:

[javax.naming.AuthenticationException [Root exception is
java.lang.SecurityException: Administrators must log in over admin port with
admin protocol.]]
weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException: admin URL:
t3://192.168.14.15:7001 - with nested exception:
[javax.naming.AuthenticationException [Root exception is
java.lang.SecurityException: Administrators must log in over admin port with
admin protocol.]]
at
weblogic.management.Admin.initializeRemoteAdminHome(Admin.java:893)
at weblogic.management.Admin.start(Admin.java:303)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:331)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:169)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)

I get the same result when testing the connection setup with
java weblogic.Admin -url 192.168.14.15:7001 -username system -password xyz
CONNECT 1

Background for this problem:
I'm trying to evaluate WLS6.0 clustering for my RMI services. I have two
machines setup with my test domain (DEdomain) and one cluster (DECluster)
within it.
In administration server (machine A) I defined two servers to be run in
machine A and machine B:
DEserver2 in machine B (to be started as managed server) and DEserver3
in machine A
I'm going to bind a same service into these above servers of my DECluster.

In machine B's startManagedWeblogic.sh I have:

java -ms64m -mx64m -classpath
$CLASSPATH -Dweblogic.Domain=DEdomain -Dweblogic.Name=$SERVER_NAME -Dweblogi
c.management.server=$ADMIN_URL -Djava.security.policy==$WL_HOME/lib/weblogic
.policy -Dweblogic.management.username=system -Dweblogic.management.password
=$WLS_PW weblogic.Server

In machine A I have administration server DEserver1 listening port 7001.
And for the domain and cluster building I followed all relevant e-docs
manual pages. It's still somewhat blurry what kind of preparations I have to
make in managed server side to join the domain; for example do I have to
have identical domain directory structure within machine B and do I have to
configure something with admin console or is everything handled by
connecting to the administation server and reading the domain's config.xml
from machine A.

I'm sure I have missed some fundamental idea for building clustered services
and would greatly appreciate if someone had any good tips or ideas.

Best regards,
Harri

Kumar Allamraju

Apr 11, 2001, 12:57:02 PM4/11/01
It appears you had set the administration port & listen port on the admin
server.
Logging onto admin server via admin port is broken currently. I would suggest
you to set only listen port
and see how that goes.

--
Kumar