DefaultAuthorizationProviderImpl returned an error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Eric H

Aug 4, 2003, 6:49:48 PM8/4/03

I am running a cluster of 2 servers using WLS 7.0 SP2. When starting the servers,
sometimes one of the server gives the following exception when users log into
the web application. The exception goes away if that server is restarted again.
It looks like some configurations may be corrupted on when the servers are starting
up. What could be the issue?

<Aug 4, 2003 2:46:41 PM PDT> <Error> <Security> <090060> <The AccessDecision cla
ss "weblogic.security.providers.authorization.DefaultAuthorizationProviderImpl"
returned an error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
at weblogic.entitlement.expression.EExprRep.deserialize(EExprRep.java:65)
at weblogic.entitlement.expression.EExprRep.getFuncArgs(EExprRep.java:138)
at weblogic.entitlement.expression.EExprRep.deserialize(EExprRep.java:117)
at weblogic.entitlement.expression.EExprRep.deserialize(EExprRep.java:60)
at weblogic.entitlement.data.ldap.EData.fetchResources(EData.java:482)
at weblogic.entitlement.engine.EEngine.getResources(EEngine.java:792)
at weblogic.entitlement.engine.EEngine.getPolicyResource(EEngine.java:431)
at weblogic.entitlement.engine.EEngine.evaluate(EEngine.java:403)
at weblogic.security.providers.authorization.DefaultAuthorizationProviderImpl.isAccessAllowed(DefaultAuthorizationProviderImpl.java:197)
at weblogic.security.service.AuthorizationManager.isAccessAllowed(AuthorizationManager.java:455)
at weblogic.security.service.AuthorizationManager.isAccessAllowed(AuthorizationManager.java:592)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.WebAppSecurity.hasPermission(WebAppSecurity.java:538)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.checkPerm(SecurityModule.java:125)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkUserPerm(FormSecurityModule.java:289)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.beginCheck(SecurityModule.java:176)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.FormSecurityModule.checkA(FormSecurityModule.java:157)
at weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(ServletSecurityManager.java:144)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3022)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2588)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)

Eric

Peter

Aug 7, 2003, 9:00:16 AM8/7/03

"Eric H" <e...@firstam.com> wrote in message

> I am running a cluster of 2 servers using WLS 7.0 SP2. When starting the
servers,
> sometimes one of the server gives the following exception when users log
into
> the web application. The exception goes away if that server is restarted
again.
> It looks like some configurations may be corrupted on when the servers are
starting
> up. What could be the issue?

It sounds like the ldap replica on the managed servers may not be correct.
The managed
servers have a replica of the ldap server database on the admin server. I
would try
shutting down the managed servers, deleting the ldapfiles directory on the
managed servers (not admin
server!), and then reboot the managed servers. This will cause a complete
refresh of the replica.

If this does not solve the problem completely, then I would file a support
case.