JAAS problems

Loren Davie

Oct 2, 2001, 7:19:20 PM10/2/01
I'm trying to use the WebLogic JAAS implementation. When my demo code
manages to successfully login I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
at
weblogic.security.auth.Authenticate.authenticate(Authenticate.java:124)
at
demo.kernel.security.weblogic.WebLogicLoginModuleHelper.login(WebLogicLoginM
oduleHelper.java:38)
at
demo.kernel.security.auth.JRiskLoginModule.login(JRiskLoginModule.java:110)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:595)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:125)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$3.run(LoginContext.java:531)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokeModule(LoginContext.java:528)
at
javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:449)
at demo.security.JAASDemo.run(JAASDemo.java:86)
at demo.security.JAASDemo.main(JAASDemo.java:56)

Are there mis-matches versions of class files floating around? Can anyone
help.

Thanks.

Loren Davie

Oct 2, 2001, 9:06:47 PM10/2/01
As it turns out, incompatable JAAS libs was indeed my problem. Thanks
everyone.

It seems to me that BEA has implemented a pre-1.0 version of JAAS for
Weblogic 6.0. Does anyone know if this is still the case for 6.1, and what
the plan is on this issue? The problem with pre-1.0 is there's no gentle
deprecation stage for methods - they just suddenly dissapear and things stop
working.

Loren