Configuring WL 6.1 to read private keys created using Java Keytool

Karthik Kothandaraman

Feb 24, 2003, 4:19:54 PM2/24/03

I created a key-pair (RSA) and a self-signed certificate using java keytool. And,
I configured WL to use these files as part of setting up the SSL port.

I get the following exception on bringing up the server.

java.io.EOFException
at weblogic.security.Utils.inputByte(Utils.java:133)
at weblogic.security.ASN1.ASN1Header.inputTag(ASN1Header.java:125)
at weblogic.security.ASN1.ASN1Header.input(ASN1Header.java:119)
at weblogic.security.RSAPrivateKey.input(RSAPrivateKey.java:122)

I'm sure the private key is in PKCS8 format because I can read this using PKCS8EncodedSpec
and retrieve the private key.

I'm using WL 6.1 and SP4, I believe. Does WL 6.1 support the use of private keys
that were not generated using their cert. request generator servlet?

I have also tried reading the private keys generated by weblogic using PKCS8EncodedKeySpec
and that doesn't seem to work. The exception I get is InvalidKeySpec which makes
me believe weblogic has a non-conforming PKCS8 format (atleast in 6.1).

Has someone run into a similar problem? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thx
Karthik