incorrect MAC - where to start?

cdecker

Sep 9, 2003, 9:10:52 AM9/9/03
We have a client using our web portal to upload files. It's an ASP model
where we have the server here and they are accessing from their site. Up
until two weeks ago they did not have an issue. They went to a new network
provider and now the following is showing up in our log when they upload
files.

Where do I start looking? It's there issue but I need to tell them where to
look. Is this a proxy issue? Firewall? It sounds like the new network
provider is flipping packets somehow so the integrity is compromised.

Any help would be appreciated.
####<Sep 4, 2003 8:41:50 AM GMT> <Error> <HTTP> <sdddogwood> <sddserver>
<ExecuteThread: '14' for queue: 'default'> <kernel identity> <> <101083>
<Connection failure>

javax.net.ssl.SSLProtocolException: FATAL Alert:BAD_RECORD_MAC - A record
was received with an incorrect MAC.

at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.fireException(Unknown
Source)

at com.certicom.tls.interfaceimpl.TLSConnectionImpl.fireAlertSent(Unknown
Source)

at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.fireAlert(Unknown Source)

at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.readRecord(Unknown Source)

at com.certicom.tls.record.ReadHandler.read(Unknown Source)

at weblogic.socket.SSLFilter.isMessageComplete(SSLFilter.java:224)

at
weblogic.socket.PosixSocketMuxer.deliverGoodNews(PosixSocketMuxer.java:769)

at
weblogic.socket.PosixSocketMuxer.processSockets(PosixSocketMuxer.java:694)

at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:23)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java: 213)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)

####<Sep 4, 2003 9:15:49 AM GMT> <Error> <HTTP> <sdddogwood> <sddserver>
<ExecuteThread: '4' for queue: 'default'> <kernel identity> <> <101083>
<Connection failure>

java.io.IOException: A complete message could not be read on socket:
'weblogic.socket.SSLFilter@76d845', in the configured timeout period of
'60000' secs

at weblogic.socket.PosixSocketMuxer.trigger(PosixSocketMuxer.java:311)

at
weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.run(ScheduledTrigger.java:181
)

at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManage
r.java:780)

at
weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.executeLocally(ScheduledTrigg
er.java:167)

at
weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.execute(ScheduledTrigger.java
:161)

at weblogic.time.server.ScheduledTrigger.execute(ScheduledTrigger.java:38)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)

Peter

Sep 10, 2003, 9:04:48 PM9/10/03

"cdecker" <CHD...@WNT.sas.com> wrote in message

> We have a client using our web portal to upload files. It's an ASP model
> where we have the server here and they are accessing from their site. Up
> until two weeks ago they did not have an issue. They went to a new
network
> provider and now the following is showing up in our log when they upload
> files.
>
> Where do I start looking? It's there issue but I need to tell them where
> look. Is this a proxy issue? Firewall? It sounds like the new network
> provider is flipping packets somehow so the integrity is compromised.

I would turn on SSL debug. Add

-Dssl.debug=true -Dweblogic.StdoutDebugEnabled=true

to the startup command.